𝙑𝙄𝙄𝙄 | 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥|

A  journey of thousand miles begins with a single step

Sindhu Bhavan Road, Ahmedabad

Devika's Nilaya

The dark navy blue walls emitted peaceful vibes in the dimly lit room. It represented the vastness of life. The subtle nuances through the changes in life. It gave in a sense of serenity. The calmness was a stark contrast to the chaos of the lone figure that stood in the dark. It was Anupama who was standing in the shadows of black. Samar stopped at the threshold of the room. It was unbearable for him to see his mother in this condition. He entered the room and switched on the stereo. The faint music made Anupama turn around when Samar held her hand and made a swift move.

Om tryambakam yajamahe
Sugandhim pushtivardhanam
Urvarukmiva bandhanan
Mrityor mukshiya maamritat

End and farewell were the hardest goodbyes indicating the arrival of the freshness of spring. It was time for resurrection. Samar twirled his mother around holding her hand gently.

Kehta yeh pal
Khud se nikal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal

Gham musafir tha jaane de
Dhoop aangan mein aane de
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal

He danced around her, cheering her up. He made another swift turn whilst bursting the poppers. He then swayed slowly. They danced together with the rhythm as the song was a perfect fit.

Talvon ke neeche hai thandi si ek dharti
Kehti hai aaja daudenge
Yaadon ke bakson mein zinda si khushboo hai
Kehti hai sab pichhe chhodenge

Ungliyon se kal ki ret behne de
Aaj aur abhi mein khud ko rehne de

Kehta yeh pal
Khud se nikal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal

Ek tukda haseen chakh le
Ik dali zindagi rakh le
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal

Hichki ruk jaane de
Siski tham jaane de
Iss pal ki ye guzaarish hai
Marna kyun, jee lena
Boondon ko pee lena
Tere hi sapno ki baarish hai

Paaniyon ko raste tu banaane de
Roshni ke pichhe khud ko jaane de

Kehta yeh pal
Khud se nikal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal

Devika smiled at the duo with misty eyes. The dance was the symbolic representation of Anupama's second innings in life. Samar and Anupama had always bonded over a dance. It was their passion. Something that Shah Household had refused to acknowledge as a career and a dream.  Devika thought that it was time that Anupama focused on her passion and give her dreams a chance. There would be a lot of learning and unlearning to break away from the patterns of her old life. It was time she did things that she always wanted to do and she would make sure that Anupama uncovers her hidden potential, the fire that she possesses within her. She joined the duo and danced her heart out. Samar spoke with a finality in his tone, when they just fell down on the bed, tired from continuous dancing "Mummy, I have an unfinished business. I'll go and complete it." Anupama got an inkling about his unfinished business and so she replied to him, "Is it, Mr. Shah?" Samar nodded his head and looked away. "Bakuda, whatever you do, be careful. Impulsiveness and anger can cost you regret and guilt of a lifetime.", finished Anupama, and with that, she went away to make some tea for all of them. Samar stared at his mother in bewilderment. He wondered whether she was a face reader, when Devika said to him, "Because, she is a mother. There is a heart-to-heart connection between a mother and a child. It is the most beautiful relationship of all the relationships for a mother's love is unmatchable." Samar scratched his nape as the statement brought a full-blown smile to his face. "I'll go. I will drink tea after coming home." said Samar to Devika, and with that, he exited the house whereas Devika went to have a conversation with Anupama over a cup of tea.