𝙓𝙑|𝙏𝙚𝙩𝙚- 𝘼-𝙏𝙚𝙩𝙚 |

Note: I know I have been MIA. That's what the last leg of college does to you though I still have six months to go till I graduate. Therefore the exams, the assignments, and the dissertation kept me on my toes. It takes you on a long work ride. So here's the chapter. Happy Reading !!!!

Prahladnagar, Ahmedabad

AK Group of Industries

Anupama started messaging her temples. The issues were never-ending. The words were ringing in her ears. She wondered whether it was him. She looked at the phone all lost when Devika walked to Anupama and asked her "Is everything alright? Whose call it was?" The silence scared Vikram and Devika. They looked at each other. "Is Samar alright?", Vikram further asked in a soft voice. Anupama closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Samar is doing better than before Vikram. It is Kinjal." answered Anupama in a subdued voice. Devika forwarded the glass of water to her. "We'll go together. I'll get to meet Samar too but before that, I'll drop GK home." spoke up Anuj. All of them exited the office premises. The ride home was excruciating for Anuj and Anupama. Both of them were lost in their thoughts.

It had been a harrowing day for Anuj. The second encounter with the Shah Couple made him realize why he had a strong feeling of detesting the duo. Somehow there was a strange discord yet it was Anuj's principles that made him play it fair. He is Anand Kapadia's son therefore he would do it subtly with minimal gestures as far as business was concerned. His thoughts went to Anupama. The moment he heard about the nightmares he had gone blank. He wondered about the strength that she possessed to deal with such a crucial health issue yet a part of him was relentlessly worried about her. Furthermore, her business acumen made him smile. She had a sharp eye for details and was quite observant. The family values that she possessed reminded him of his mother, Gayatri Kapadia, a devoted and family-oriented lady who also knew the art of drawing boundaries. GK and Vikram had been observing Anuj and therefore Vikram took the initiative. He was glad that they were in their respective cars.

Vikram kept his hand on Anuj's shoulder making him turn. "Anuj, share it out, please. I know you are disturbed." Anuj removed his frames and laid his head back on the head restraint. He closed his eyes and answered, "Vikram it causes a pang in my heart. I am feeling numb and clueless. Pain has a lingering effect and now to see the person whom you love the most going through the same hurts the most. I know she is fierce and can fight her own battles but to fight with your loved ones breaks you from within."

Anupama had been caught in a whirlwind of thoughts. Ever since she had stepped out of that Household she had been detached as well as distant though she did keep her tabs on them through other people. The pieces of her heart were in opposite directions. One was showered with love and the other had been bereft of a mother's love. It pained her but she was helpless as it was Paritosh and Pakhi's choice. She respected their choices and would continue to do that. Sometimes it made her feel guilty. She came out of her reverie when Devika squeezed her shoulder as a gesture of comforting her. "That was their decision, Anu. I know this is between a mother and her children but respect and love has to be mutual. It is something that they have never given you. The efforts should be there from both sides right?" They reached her paradise that she found painstakingly.

Thaltej, Ahmedabad

Anuj's Aaransh

Anuj and Vikram freshened up whereas GK went to have some rest. Anuj got dressed up in a plain white sweatshirt paired with denim whereas Vikram wore a black round-neck T- shirt paired with black denim. Anuj went to check on GK for the last time. He entered the room only to find GK preparing for his afternoon nap. GK looked at him and spoke in a stern voice, "We need to talk, now." The tone made Anuj realize where this would go yet he nodded. "After ages, you met her, Anuj. Did you have this sudden urge to tell her about your feelings? Did you ever feel like giving that rose that you have safely kept in your diary all these years?" Anuj inhaled sharply. "I did feel that GK. The day I saw her in the office, even on the party night, and even today. I felt this insane urge to tell her about everything. I felt like sharing my feelings with her." GK looked on as Anuj twirled on the magnets. "Why, Anuj? What is stopping you?" Anuj gave a faint smile and answered, "We should extend our hand towards those who are ready to hold it." Anuj took a pause and said, "Anupama is quiet enough for herself. She walks alone on all the tough paths of life. She falls down, gets up, and handles herself. She has abstained herself from voicing out her woes. Let alone support, there is a strong refusal for a partner from her side. I'll be there for her as a friend. I am her best friend, Kaka." GK looked at Anuj who adjusted his glasses lest the tears are seen. He spoke, "Do you really regret that Anuj? Do you really think that the circumstances would have been better today had you confessed your feelings that day? "