Chapter 6

Meira swung the door open, partly expecting Bobby to be sitting there, waiting for her. 
She crept through the empty halls. 
As she opened a door at the end of a dark hallway, she saw . .  
"Beatrice?"
She looked up at Meira, she was holding the plastic butter knife, she was tracing her finger along the blade, it was broken, leaving a sharp, extra blade.
Meira came beside her on the carpeted floor. "What does the knife mean?" 
"Nothing," she said quickly, like she couldn't say, maybe she didn't trust her?
"Please? I want to know,"
Beatrice looked over her shoulder like this was only between her and Bobby, so far.
A car is nothing near the way I died" she whispered.
"What?" Meira whispered.
a familiar voice came from behind her spoke "Meira, why are you here?"
 Meria spun around to face Bobby "You let me get kidnapped!" She said confidently 
 "What do you mean?" He said suspiciously 
 "So, I went unconscious then taken to an unfamiliar place," she clarified
"You never were kidnapped," he persisted
"So, let me get this straight . . . Being locked in a dark, unfamiliar room is not kidnapping?" 
"Yes," he said carefully "It is but a stranger didn't do that to you," 
"What do you mean?" She asked, confused
"I did,"
"What?" Meira yelped, her head started to spin, fast.
"I was the one who locked you in that room" he confirmed "And yes it is true Beatrice didn't get ran over by a car," he continued "she was killed," 
"Who?!"
"Bob, my twin brother," 
"Wait! Why did you keep the knife?" She said when she had finally processed it all.
 "Well it's a perfectly good knife," 
"But it was used as a murder weapon!"
"Yeah, but it's still usable," he fought
"IT'S A MURDER WEAPON!!!" Meira yelled, horrified by the idea of using the knife that killed Beatrice for normal people things.
 "Not anymore!" 
Before Meira could reply Beatrice did "He's lying!" She screamed
Bobby snatched the knife and quickly swiped the sharper blade across her arm, he drew blood. He didn't say anything, he left the room. 
Meira didn't stop him, she was scared
She helped clean Beatrice's wound; there was a surprisingly deep cut, it seemed like it would leave a scar. 

Meira couldn't keep her head from spinning, so she went on a walk, maybe that would soothe her. 
Why would Bobby ever do that?
 Was it possibly an accident?
 No it couldn't be an accident, but why would he do that?
 Meira made a decision, she had to go back to see Beatrice, if Bobby did that he'd probably do way worse if she wasn't there. 

She tried to go as fast as she could with the hope that Bobby hadn't made it before her.

Meira took Beatrice's arm only telling her that she'd be staying the night at her place.

As they were walking back towards Meira's place, Meira spotted a person sitting in the flower field; she couldn't tell who it was. 

They made their way closer. Bobby. She whispered to Beatrice "Stay here!" as she approached Bobby.
"What happened in there?" She whispered  "It was an accident. I was taking the knife because it would be dangerous then it just . . ." his voice trailed off as he looked away from Meira.
 She sat down beside him, she didn't want to hide her secret anymore. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. She felt no regret. 
Bobby turned and looked at her.
She smiled at him and he smiled back. She felt a weird feeling of warmth. The moment couldn't have lasted that long since Beatrice was ready to attack.
Meira hopped up from her seat on the cool grass. 
Meira waved ,goodbye, with a smile,

She grabbed Beatrice and they walked through the field until they reached Meira's small place. 
She swung the door open and welcomed Beatrice. Meira showed Beatrice everything and showed her how to use everything. 

Beatrice liked Edward even though he'd stab her lightly with his scissors every few minutes. But Beatrice looked fine with it. "Sorry, he just found scissors." Meira said as she watched Beatrice and Edward from the doorway. "It doesn't matter what I do, he always finds a way to get his scissors."   "It's fine, it doesn't really hurt," 
Meira picked up Edward and stroked his fur while the small pug lightly stabbed her repeatedly. She looked down at the squirming pug.  "I need to take him for a walk." Beatrice, can you stay here?" 
 "Sure!" She smiled

 Meira scrambled to keep up with the energetic pug, he'd rolled in the grass. It was quite amusing watching the little pug. Every few minutes he'd drop his scissors and walk away then remember his scissors and look 10 feet away from where he lost them. 

The sun started to set into blues and pinks. The silly pug was looking for his scissors. She tried to turn around, it was tricky with a energetic pug and a hand grabbing her from behind.
 A voice said "Don't scream!"
 Well of course she screamed like who wouldn't. The little pug started barking. She suddenly was spun around, she locked eyes with Bobby. She tried to scoop up the tiny pug that was now stabbing, lightly, she hoped. 
He started running away, was he scared of Edward?
Meira followed to a lake, she collapsed on the grass out of breath from chasing the little pug all through the field, he had small legs but he could really run. She grabbed him while she could. 
Meira turned and smiled, awkwardly at Bobby.
 He returned her smile "You know how dangerous it is for that pug to be running around with scissors, right?"
 "Yeah, but I've given up on taking the scissors he always finds more" she sighed
 He squirmed in her lap like he knew what she was saying. This pug was crazy. 
Meira attempted to grab the scissors but his clutch on the scissors was too strong. "Let me try!" Bobby reached for the scissors and he yanked the scissors out of the pugs clutch. The scissors were coated with slobber. For a moment Edward just sat there in shock but then he erupted into barking. The small pug jumped out of her lap and started attacking Bobby biting, scratching and headaches. 
"Give them back he will murder you!" Meira yelped, that really scared her.
Bobby threw the scissors at the pug hoping he'd stop. The pug raced to the scissors. 
"We shouldn't do that again," Bobby said rubbing his temples like he was enduring the same horrid headache
 "Yeah, I never thought a pug was capable of that."
 They both giggled and the small pug returned with his scissors. She scooped him up and placed him in her lap. 
Bobby suddenly locked his gaze at her lips, like it was an item, and he had to choose if he really wanted it.
He made his decision.
He kissed her, for a brief moment she didn't know what was happening, but then it clicked. He was kissing her? She kissed him back after a moment. She never really kissed someone before. After a moment Bobby pulled away. He stared at her again. "I need to go!" as Bobby raced away. She thought 
What did I do wrong? 
He just left. 
Was she not good at kissing?
 Was he not expecting that?
 Did she act completely wrong? 
What was she supposed to do after a kiss? Say: "Oh wow that was awesome" or "I've never been kissed" or maybe "Eww did you just do that?"
 Was she supposed to say something? 
She laid down in the grass and all the worried thoughts about kissing filled her head. Did she do something wrong? Maybe he just had to leave. I need to know. 

She walked across the field to Bobby's small place and in the window she saw Bobby clutching the journal. He opened it and wrote

Don't take Edwards scissors. 
She couldn't really see the rest.
 He walked out of the room. 
She had to get that journal, luckily the window was open. 
She opened the window a bit more and reached for the journal, she felt the hardcover of the journal!
 Bobby walked back into the room.
She quickly ducked down so she was out of view. "Meira?" He whispered. 
How'd he know she was there? She dropped the journal. She stood and looked into the window again. Bobby was there staring back at her. She gave an awkward smile. "Hi?"
"Hello I didn't actually think you'd be there, whenever something odd happens. I just whisper your name because your life is chaotic and I just think maybe it causes it." He said awkwardly
 "My life is not chaotic!"
 "Right?"
 She let out a sigh. "What happened that is 'odd'?" 
"My . . . wait, why are you asking, are you a part of this?"
 "No, I was just asking!" She tried to sound innocent, but she didn't do too well.
 "Why did you leave? I've been going insane because of this. Did I do something wrong?" "No, why would you think that?" He seemed confused, whether?
"There was a special moment when we kissed and then you just left." 
 "I needed to do something." He said defensively
"What did you have to do?" Meira said suspiciously
"I needed to know if Beatrice was back, she left with you then you were with me. I needed to make sure she was safe. But she's not here." 
"She wanted to stay with me." Meira confirmed
"I need to see her!" He said quickly 
"I will report to you tomorrow." She concluded the conversation. a

Meiral almost forgot the journal, she ducked down and grabbed it then walked home with Edward.