THE PROLOGUE; IN DALLAS WE SET OUR SCENE.

AMBER HARGREEVES                                                                                                                   march 22nd, 1960.

"if i knew it all then, would i do it again?"

MY NEW LIFE BEGINS flat on my back in an alleyway. 

Blue energy thrums in the air and vibrations are all I hear as I plummel to the ground, landing on my backside and groaning out in pain.

"Oh for fu-" I yell out, rolling over so that I'm sat up.

My head darts left and right like a deer caught in a car's headlights, in search for the rest of the Hargreeves.

"Five?" I call out, feeling dazed. "Diego?"

Nobody responds. 

I stand up, my black boots scuffing against the smooth, concrete floor. My tights are slightly ripped, my plaid miniskirt covered in dust and my black cropped top rolled up on the sleeves to my elbows. I look like a mess.

"Five?" I yell out once again, trying to shake off the feeling that somebody is watching me.

Still, no response.

I brush my skirt off, watching dirt and debris float to the ground as I approach the brick wall, waiting against it with my head rolled back, leaning against the bright red bricks, catching my breath.

"Any second now." I repeat to myself, trying to dull out the buzzing sound that emits from both of my ears. 

I repeat that every minute, waiting and waiting for somebody to show up and show me that I'm not alone. 

I tap my foot against the floor, I brush my hair with my fingers, I stare through different windows and I peek out at the street for the next half an hour, just waiting for somebody to show up.

"Just my luck." I mutter to myself, sucking my bottom lip against my lips in half-anxiety, half-annoyance. 

When I decide that nobody is going to show up, I make my way out of the alleyway and try to figure out where the hell I am. 

By the looks of it, the academy is long gone. The street I walk out onto is covered in bright colours, notably oranges and blues, as if it were something out of a movie.

A giant building is what I stare at first, with 'AVON' displayed on it, and film showings listed. After that, I look to see a restaurant, a hairdressers and other shops all around the street.

I cross the street, pushing my hair behind my ears and looking around for somebody to speak to. 

A woman coincidentally passes me, and I gently tap her shoulder, causing her to stop walking and hold her pram closer to her.

"Excuse me?" I ask, trying to avoid the look she gives to my outfit and the look of judgement she has when she reaches my face.

She just raises her eyebrows, so I continue talking. "Where am I?"

"Damn junkies." She mutters, walking off with her stroller and leaving my mouth hanging open in shock.

"Bitch." I mutter under my breath, walking towards a telephone box on the opposite side of the street, painted in a faded brown colour.

I cautiously approach it, making sure that nobody is inside, before I check out the posters listed on the side of the box.

'ALL NEW SCREENINGS...'

'JOB OPENING...'

'GRAND REOPENING, THREE DAYS FROM NOW, MARCH 25TH 1960! COME EARLY TO...'

Meaning that today is March the 22nd of 1960.

Meaning Five royally screwed up the jump through time.