Prologue Part Two

WC : 307

It was dark, so dark inside the castle, it was as though even light was too scared to enter. It was also cold, colder than the antarctic. Mumbo hated it, the quietness, the fear that tainted the walls, it was like he lived in a frost dragon's den. In some ways he did, the dragon being his father, every step, every word, every expression was calculated, if not he would have to face the icy wrath that never ran out.

His mother was warm, she was sweet, and loving, everything good in the world ended with her. From the little time he got to spend with her, she was the happiest person in the world, unfazed by the torture thrust upon her. She happened to be the unlucky girl forced to give the King of Hell an heir. Not once did the trauma his father put her through affect her love for him though. No matter how hard he tried, his father was bever able to crush her spirit. The day she lost her flame was the day his father killed her, the day Mumbo turned fourteen.

He hated the lessons his father taught, lessons in how to behave as the next king. Mumbo hated the tyrant that his father was teaching him to become. He hated learning how to torture someone, hated learning to not care, and he hated learning to fear his father. Every time Mumbo disappointed him, he would be the subject of gis father's torturous habits. When his mother was still around, she would be too. Mumbo swore to himself that one day, he would run, run so far away that nobody would ever find him. Then, after learning all he could about the world outside of the icy walls, he would be back, back to kill his father and take the throne. 

Dear Reader,

Not much to say this time although if you're reading this as it's being published, I'm working on an actual cover instead of one pieced together randomly so stay tuned for that.

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)