Chapter 18

(Hey everyone it's Lights, and I'm well aware that this is gonna suck, as I'm really freaking tired. Also, this should've come out earlier, but I've just been busy. Also, Delta will be coming over soon, so we might do a 20Q thing soon, also you might need to read the end if you don't know what the phrase I placed the asterisk next to)

Dirk's POV~
Dirk and jake sat in silence while Jake drove along the road to the hospital. Dirk has always hated doing this, but it happened often. He focused on Jake's hands on the wheel and tapped his foot with an abnormally fast pace, almost zoning out before hearing Jake's voice.
"Dirk? We're here."
He sighed before opening the door and sliding out on to the ground. He looked over at Jake who had also gotten out of the Jeep along with him, before locking the doors and walking over to him.
"All right if I can tag along? I have someone else I need to see while I'm here." Jake asked quickly, earning a nod from Dirk. They both walk in, check in, and walk their separate ways, giving each other the room numbers before doing so. Dirk watches Jake as he walks to the hospice care center* of the hospital, and proceeded to move out of site. Dirk sighs and walked to the emergency room wing, finding the door and walking in to see his brother, covered in tubes that are carrying multiple things into his body. He was asleep, but as Dirk walked in he opens his eyes, and red eyes meet orange as Dirk removed his glasses and ruffles his hair up some. Dave is the first to speak
"You're mad at me, aren't you."
This was less of a question and more of a statement. They both knew that they had no money to pay the bill for this. They barely have enough to pay for the apartment as it was, however Dirk shook his head.
"Not mad, just worried. What happened?"
"Thugs found me. The ones that hurt you and did that thing-" Dave gestured to his chest area, around the area where Dirk's scars are before continuing. "-they did some really messed up junk, and read gave me some really bad scars of my own."
Upon hearing this, Dirk noticed the large bandage around his chest. Sighing heavily, he walks over and sits on the bed, and looks at Dave.
"Please be careful from now on." Those simple words had a lot of meaning, something they both knew. For a few minutes there was silence, but after a bit, Dave spoke up again.
"Bro guess what?" He asks, getting a look of acknowledgement from Dirk.
"I got a boyfriend." He says, smiling slightly, and almost sighs when Dirk smiles.
"Congrats little bro, lemme guess, it was that Egbert kid right? You can only date on one condition though." He says, and watched Dave urge him on.
"Be safe, and you're only allowed to come home with a sore ass if you use a condom." Dirk finishes with a chuckle, watching Dave's face turn red but before he can do anything else, a knock is heard and in enters Jake, eyes bloodshot and head down. Dirk rests his glasses on his nose and ruffles Dave's hair, bidding him goodbye before wrapping an arm around Jake and leading him out. Once the door is closed he asks if everything's alright, but all he gets is a sniffle and two words.
"Shes dead."
(Guys I'm sorry ;-; I'm being awful, and you can hate me now, it's okay. But before I'm done, hospice is like a place people go [usually old people] if they don't have much longer because of an illness or injury. -Lights)

(fuck guys, not gonna lie, when i read over this the first time i had to nope my way out of here. i was like hell no, no sadstuck for me today. don't need anymore tears for the moment. anyways, have a good one, people. -Delta)