The Kid back then

Purpled came too with the wind whooshing through his hair, and the strained breaths of Theseus carrying him.

When he blinked open his eyes, Theseus looked down at him, noticing the change in breathing pattern.

"Purp? You there?" He asked, stopping at the rooftop of the building.

"Y-yeah,"
He cursed himself for stuttering as he spoke.

As he tried to sit up, a massive pain hit him, mainly a headache.

"Who knew you could do all of that huh?" Theseus joked, his forced chuckle dying down as Purpled did not respond.

"Hey listen, you wouldn't just suddenly change you're mind and leave me out of it, something's bothering you," He pointed out.

"Oh ya think?" Purpled sarcastically answered. He groaned a bit as he brought his hand to his head.

"You're injured Purp, you sustained multiple bruises and possibly have a broken bone, we need to get you back to headquarters."
"No, we can't." Purpled argued back.

"We have to! Fungi-"

"Fungi's been paranoid because every single member from our facility keeps on returning injured and beaten to a pulp. We are weak, we are getting our ass's kicked daily! We are practically driving Fungi insane and worrying his little furry head off! Now tell me what that fucking tells you, If I decide to go there!"

Purpled snapped a bit, his tone growing heavier and louder with each word.

"Purpled, you need to calm down-"

"Calm down? Why? I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE UPSET!" he screamed, practically shaking with fury.

That's when he suddenly fell onto his knees, grabbing his forehead again.

"Purpled, your abilities do a number on you, you rarely ever use them...come on, at least let us rest up here..."
Theseus pleaded, Purpled narrowing his eyes.

He reluctantly agreed and they sat there for a bit.
After a bit of silence, Tommy spoke once more.

"Listen, I know there's another reason why you don't want to head back to base..." Purpled sat there, Theseus with his back turned on him.

"Oh? And what's that?" He asked bitterly, still steaming from 5 minutes ago.

"You and I have something in common, Purp, we both hate and avoid confrontation at all costs...I just so happen to have a feeling based on earlier events that you don't want to confront Punz."

Purpled pulled his knees to his chest, gripping his legs tightly as he buried his face.

"We gotta head back, or else Punz is gonna come out here looking for you himself...after all, he cares." Purpled just remained silent.

He knew how true it was, how there were no lies or deception with that statement.
He still wondered why though.

No blood related relationship, no payback, no bargaining or greedy purpose, it baffled him.

He always wondered why he helped him, when he was just a scrawny kid.

Why did you save me....?

He wondered to himself, sinking his head further into his little cocoon of protection.

"WHAT?!" Fungi screamed, Majesty hitting his noggin to get him to shut up.

"Yes, its murder, its entertainment for the psychopaths, Channel 7 for blood-thirsty individuals." He explained.

"Purpled used to be wrapped up in all of that?" HighTide asked, Punz hesitantly nodding.