Chapter 9

The sound of very loud thunder woke me. I jolted up, I looked over to Draco's side of the bed and he wasn't there. I felt his spot, it was cold. He hadn't been in bed for a while.

I got up and walked over the bathroom to check if he was there. Nope. Where could he be? I opened his door and looked down the hall, all the doors were closed and all the lights were off. Only the little flashes of lightning lit the hallway.

"Let him go!" Narcissa screamed. "He didn't do anything!"

I ran as quickly as I could, downstairs into the dining room. Narcissa was on the floor, begging for Draco's life. Lucius, Tucker and Marcus stood behind her. Voldemort had his hand up. A few feet away, Draco was dangling in mid air, gasping for breath.

"And finally she arrives." Voldemort laughed, "I was worried you wouldn't hear her screams and your precious Draco here had to die."

"Let him go." I said calmly.

"Why should I do that?" Voldemort laughed.

"Because you aren't here to hurt them." I answered. "You're here for me. Let him go. Kill me instead. That's what you really want."

Voldemort stood there. "How would you know what I'm here for?"

"It's obvious." I said as I looked back at Draco, then to Voldemort. "The way you left. You're scared of me. You worry that I am stronger than you. So do it. Leave them. And kill me."

Draco dropped instantly. Everyone ran to him.

"Kai no-" Draco gasped.

"You're right. But for the wrong reasons." Voldemort then pointed his wand at me. "I'm not scared of you. But I am here to kill you."

I took a deep breath. "Then do it."

"You think I won't?" He screamed. "I am the dark lord!"

"Then fucking do it!" I screamed back.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Voldemort screamed.

The hit of his spell with a mix of loud thunder woke me up. Again. I jolted up, my heart racing. I looked over to Draco's side of the bed, he had jolted up with me. Was that just a dream?

"Love, what's wrong?" He questioned.

Was it really just a dream? But it felt so real. I could feel his hit. I could feel the emotion beaming off of Draco's mother. The looks Tucker and Marcus gave me. It all just felt so real.

"I'm okay. Just a bad dream." I said as I looked at him, "At least I think it was a dream."

"What happened?" Draco asked.

"I'm not-"

Draco's door flew open. Voldemort stood there, holding his wand up at us. Draco grabbed me and pushed me behind him.

"Oh but you see, it isn't a dream." Voldemort laughed as he walked into Draco's room.

"What do you want?" Draco yelled.

"I'm not here for you boy." Voldemort replied. "Move."

Draco shook his head, "No. Absolutely not."

"You don't want to move?" Voldemort laughed. "Fine. Avada Kedavra."

Voldemort's wand shot a bright blue ball straight at Draco. It hit him in the chest. Draco fell over immediately. I held him in my arms, crying.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you, love." Draco coughed as he spit up blood.

"Draco please." I cried. "Please, please don't leave me."

"I'm sorry." Draco cried.

I kissed him and felt him take his last breath.