Chapter 6

"I can't believe it's already been three months since the ball." Pansy said as we walked to class.

"I know right?" I laughed, "And to think today is our last day as year six's."

"It's gone so fast. I don't want to go home. I will miss you all so much." Pansy said.

"Don't worry girl. You could always come over!" I said.

"I just know I'm going to fail this test." Blaise said.

"How come?" I asked, "We have been studying this potion for weeks."

"You know he's constantly high." Pansy laughed.

"It's easy, plus you will be paired up." I laughed.

"Hey babe....." Blaise laughed.

"Yes you can be my partner." Pansy rolled her eyes.

We walked into Potions class. The room was already set up. Me and Draco took our seats in the back.

"Do you know how to do this Potion?" Draco asked.

I giggled, "Don't worry, love."

"Settle down. Take your seats." Professor Slughorn said. "As you all know, today for your final exam, you will be making Amortentia Potions. Who can tell me what an Amortentia Potion is?"

Of course Hermione's hand went up, right before Slughorn was about to pick her, Draco's hand went up.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy." He said as he pointed to Draco.

Everyone's eyes instantly went to Draco. He wasn't expecting everyone to look at him. He got nervous, so I put my hand on his lap. He looked at me softly. All his nerves flooded away.

"Amortentia was the most powerful love potion in existence. It caused a powerful infatuation or obsession from the drinker." Draco said, "It had a distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rose from it in characteristic spirals. Amortentia was considered an incredibly dangerous potion, as one should never underestimate obsessive infatuation."

"Excellent, Mr. Malfoy." Professor Slughorn said. "Okay you all have the ingredients...."

I drowned out Slughorn and looked at Draco, "Good job, love." I smiled.

"Thank you." He leaned in to kiss me.

"Mr. Malfoy!" Slughorn screamed, "Miss James. I don't need to separate you two, do I?"

The entire class bursted into laughter.

"No sir." I laughed.

"Hush class." Professor said, "For ten extra points, you can come up to this cauldron I have here, smell it and tell the class what you smell. Begin."

All of the class started to make the potions and talked amongst themselves.

"Okay. All we have to do is add the pearl dust, would you like to?" I asked Draco.

"What if I fuck it up?" He asked softly.

"You won't, don't worry." I smiled.

Draco added the pearl dust and we called out to Slughorn.

"This potion looks well made. I see every ingredient was used correctly, the color is correct." Slughorn said, "Final test, can you smell it?"

"I can." I answered.

"Yes." Draco said.

"Good, Good." Professor said, "Would you like to smell in front of the class?"

"Sure." I laughed.