three

Andrique

Morning was Andrique's favorite time of day. She loved waking up to the grace of sunlight across her skin and the sound of birds chirping gleefully on the nearby trees. Being awoken by the natural world was a wonderful way to start off the day.

Except she didn't have the sun that morning nor the sweet chirping birds- she had gloomy weather, which she didn't mind at all really, and her annoying roommate staring down into her face. Her roommate was a particular kind irritating, the kind that made her left eye twitch and hands shake.

The girl was cute just utterly frustrating- the kind of person to have a decent smile but leave her shit all over the apartment. Andrique liked to think that with them both being honor students- staying in student apartments rather a dorm- the lack of basic cleanliness and utterly rude behavior would be scarce. But she should've known that being an honors student didn't automatically teach you good manners

Andrique blinked at her, unsure of why she was standing over her while she slept.

"Is there something wrong..?" She asked, her voice raspy from just waking up.

"Your emo ass friend is here."

That was another thing about her that irritated Andrique. For some odd reason, the woman hated Ja'Maia for just existing. It was their second year being roommates so maybe she felt hurt by how quickly Andrique and Ja'Maia became friends when their bond as "roomies" was practically non-existent. Everytime she saw Ja'Maia she'd get an attitude with her, call her names, and make it point to show her dislike. It peeved Andrique more than anything her roommate had done and on more than one occasion she confronted her about her behavior.

"Stop calling her that deadass,"Andrique deadpanned as she got out of bed,"She hasn't done shit to you for you to disrespect her like that."

She walked to their shared living room without giving her a chance to reply. She was still dressed in the same clothes from the night before, except her shirt was buttoned up- keeping the lace bra and exposed skin a secret between friends. Standing in the living room was Ja'Maia, her left hand tucked into her pocket and the other holding a brown paper bag. Andrique felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach at the sight in front of her. Ja'Maia, in light of having to stop in to work for a last minute meeting, was clad in a flattering suit the color of night skies. The dark blue color complimented her brown skin beautifully- and adhered to the shape of her muscles like glue. From the slightly unbuttoned dress shirt to the form-fitting slacks- her attire invaded Andrique's mind and spread warmth across her body like a wild fire.

Her locs were curled and rested just past her shoulders, silver rings glistened on her fingers and hoops did the same in her ears. Once she saw Andrique, a smile spread across her face- her snakebites moving with them and grabbing Andrique's attention. It was an odd thing to admit, but Andrique was in love with the woman's lips. They were full, plump, and awfully pretty- the two piercings stuck in her bottom lip only making them more enticing.

"Hey sexy." Ja'Maia greeted.

"Hey,"Andrique replied, her mind obviously in the gutter,"I thought you were off today?"

They sat down on one of the couches, their knees brushing together, as Ja'Maia let out an annoyed sigh.

"I was off but lately my boss has been having me sit in with her during meetings. She called and asked if I wanted to come to this one and said it was just so important, but it was really nothing like that. All they did was talk about software updates, and I could've stayed my ass home for that."

"You said she's having you sit in on meetings?" Andrique repeated.

"Yeah,"Ja'Maia answered,"This is yours by the way." She plopped the brown bag onto Andrique's lap, that was left exposed by the tiny shorts she had on.