Chapter 6

Scarlett:

The dance was loud and dimly lit, with mini lights bouncing all around. I had found some hair accesories, and we had done each other's hair. I admired my work on Ria. I had convinced her to let it down, and it hung at her waist, with some curls here and there. I had found some cosmetic products and used Ria as a guinea pig. I had to admit, if I was a guy, I'd date her. I think I looked pretty good too. I had my hair in a braid that circled my head. I had also added makeup, doing myself, of course. I wouldn't trust Ria with a stick around my eye if my life depended on it.

"You just going to stand there the whole evening?" Ria asked teasingly. I shook myself out of the trance and followed her into the throng of teens. After deciding to split up, I headed deeper into the heart of the dance. I got jostled about, but I was still having a good time. Until this random guy bumped into me.

"Watch it!" I snarled, but he stopped me from flouncing away.

"Hey baby, ya wanna go home to my house and have a two-person partayyyyy?" He slurred slightly. I rolled my eyes.

"Look, @$$hole, the only way I'd be caught dead at your two-person "partay" is...Oh wait, I wouldn't at all! So back off d!ck!" I snapped as I made my way away from him.

I spotted Ria 20 minutes later, the random guy with his hand over his shoulder. My shoes snapping against the floor, I ran up to them, shoving the guy's arm off of her.

"Oh h€ll no! You aren't going anywhere NEAR her! Back away from her or I will kick your @$$ into next year!"

Ria:

Scarlett had seen us, and after walking over, started screaming bloody murder at the guy. I really don't know what the heck is going on, so I just nodded off. That's about when I mentally punched myself in the face. They're all here.

Again.

Star Spangled Man, guy in suit, guy with hammer, guy with arrows, guy that turns big, girl with guns.

F*ck.

Scarlett was still screaming at the guy, so when I grabbed her arm, she brushed me off. Meanwhile, I think iron suit guy spotted me. Everyone had moved slightly closer. I bit my lip, knowing that if Scarlett kept this up, we were goners. Taking the risk, I grabbed Scarlett's arm and hauled her out.

"What the-" I started running, Scarlett following behind me, extremely ticked.

"The Avengers were in there!" I stated quickly. "Now run!" She picked up her speed, almost keeping pace with me. I tore off the dress, having the insight to wear my catsuit under me. Scarlett followed my lead, assembling her iron suit around her. "They're right behind us!" I reported. "Time to take to the skies then." Scarlett smirked. I put my suit on as well, flying up to her, barely missing the car thrown directly at where I had been running a second ago.

"That guy needs anger management!" Scarlett commented, dodging an arrow.

"I think they all do!" I retorted, before I saw something come flying right for me.

It didn't miss.

It hit me in the shoulder, and static covered my screen. I couldn't see, but I knew I was falling.

I remember feeling myself smack into the ground after crashing through glass, then I blacked out.