Chapter 18

Recap:

*?*

I woke up. There was just darkness, but I heard one voice. His voice.

"You really think that I would die that easily?"

Chapter 18:

-Unknown-

I groaned, slowly wiggling my fingers, making sure they were there. Sitting up, I asked into the darkness groggily,"W-What happened?"

He chuckled, the sound echoing through the room. "If I told you, I'd have to kill you." He teased. I coughed, feeling something wet ooze down my chin. "Don't try anything. I'm only keeping you alive. That idiotic child would've killed you if I hadn't intervened." Even though it hurt, I asked again, "What happened?" When silence was my only answer, I asked again. "What happened?"

Loki's voice cut crisply into my fourth time. "You didn't think I had only made children after you escaped?"

As the realization dawned, my elbows gave way, and I crashed back down onto the floor. "No...." I whispered, before turning my face to the floor. Loki continued, probably only to break me further. "I knew the children the Avengers would be hesitant to kill, but exact replicas of you two? They wouldn't have the guts. Then, your obedient multiples would kill them off, one at a time. It was one of them I tricked the Avengers into thinking was you. The children were only a distraction to lure the Avengers away from discovering my true plans." Tears leaking from my eyes, I asked coldly,"Why keep me alive?" A chuckle answered me, then Loki appeared from the shadows, lifting my head so I could stare into his eyes. "Because I will need an heir to the vast empire I am about to obtain, and I always liked you better than I did Scarlett." Laying my head back down on the floor, he turned and headed for the door, murmuring something quietly to the guard standing there, before walking away with a flash of green. The guard walked over to my shaking frame, before lifting me up and placing me gently on the bed. "Get some sleep. You'll need it."

I was too upset to recognize the achingly familiar voice, but as she walked away, I realized she was right.

In cases like this, all it took was time.

As I closed my eyes, I sent up a silent plea:"Please let Scarlett know I'm OK." I murmured, before falling into a dreamless slumber.

-------------------

Sorry it's short, but wasn't quite sure what else to add!

Yes! Ria's alive! Y'all can stop sending me daggers in the mail. -cough cough @BreathOfAngel cough cough-

hulkfreak13