2

It was done.

Yeosang had just completed his last mission.

If he was expecting fireworks, a cheer from his friends or even his heart to feel excited, he felt nothing. That odd feeling from the morning hadn't gone away, and he was dreading the unknown more with every passing minute.

Yeosang entered the abandoned church that was used as a disguise, an angel like him entering would find himself in the headquarters situated somewhere in the sky and he awaited his judgement, smiling when he saw his boss, an old man (another disguise) approach him. Yeosang bowed dramatically.

"It's been what- a hundred and eighty-five years?" His boss wondered, "You're still as dramatic as day one."

"Good evening to you too, now can you please sign whatever paperwork there is so I can move on?" Yeosang yawned, "It's been a long day, and I'm getting anxious."

His boss eyed him - Yeosang was anxiously hopping in his place. He waved a hand in dismissal, pushing his glasses up his nose bridge as he fished out a document from thin air, looking at Yeosang apprehensively before sighing and signing it, making him sigh in relief.

However, that sigh died down when the document set itself on fire, making both the men gasp in surprise, each just as confused as the other.

"Tell me this is a prank, because if it is, it's a really, really bad prank."

"Why would I do that?" The old man took off his glasses, rushing to the cabinet and searching for a book, opening it and flipping through the pages until he stopped abruptly, Yeosang now standing beside him as he read.

"Either you caused irreparable damage- which you didn't, I can vouch for that," the man sighed, "Or you took a life- again, not you. Or- did you leave a trace?"

"What do you mean a trace?" Yeosang frowned.

"It means that somehow, somewhere on this planet, someone is aware or suspicious about your identity- about you being an angel. It could be anything, boy."

Yeosang stumbled back, sinking into the chair as he thought- he had never interacted with a person more than needed- whenever he saved a life, he always made sure their memory was wiped clean too, so how could he have possibly left a trace?

"It could be anyone..." Yeosang groaned loudly, pinching his nose bridge, "Fine, what do I need to do? No wonder I had a gut feeling like something bad was about to happen."

The man shut the book, pity evident on his face, "Eliminate the trace you left. It could only be some human you saved- but you have saved a lot. You'll have to narrow them down to the ones that are still alive- even then, there's a possibility they may have passed this secret to someone else. We do not even know what exactly is the trace you left."

Yeosang bit his lips nervously, "I'm doomed. If I have to spend another decade on this Earth, I'll take my own life."

"Now why would you do that?" The man shook his head, approaching Yeosang and patting his shoulders, "Stay positive. You could be done within weeks or even a few years. What's a few more years to you?"

Yeosang only shook his head, wondering just where it had all gone wrong.

Meanwhile you woke up in your bed, blinking a few times before turning and looking at the time- it was 8 pm. You never slept in the evenings-

And you had no memory of coming back here- you'd gone to the office, taken a taxi... and gone home? Why couldn't you recall?

Sighing, you got up, rubbing your eyes and ringing for Sierra who arrived with a cup of coffee, "I was just about to wake you up because you would have only disturbed me during the night if you'd slept now," she handed you the mug and you frowned.