12

Two months had passed.

Mr. Lee had been brought to trial with enough prove to convict him of Dajeong's murder, and with you and Dohyun on this together, you two put down the walls little by little. Not exactly best friends but you could tolerate each other's presence now, and that was enough.

You decided to leave your company after all- your father was a particularly hard person to work with, and with the vicious cycle that Mr. Lee had started beginning with your dad... You couldn't be bothered to stay here anymore. You took a month long break and then started learning and working alongside a sculptor that you had known since college. Somehow, you were pretty sure your new-found love for sculptors was because of a certain angel who you used to call a sculpture.

The angel who left you alone after loving you and giving you his all.

Seonghwa was still in contact with you- apparently, Yeosang fading away like that had been a first. Him and his friends were still looking around for any record of a past occurrence, but all in vain. It was a first, and you weren't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing. You were very worried and perhaps it was the worry still eating you up that let your grief not swallow you.

Sometimes you'd wake up at night sobbing hysterically, muffling your screams on the pillow and hold on to Yeosang's feather, an anchor at this point, and pray. You'd pray that he was at least all right, not hurting.

You were just coming out from your workshop when you saw Seonghwa wave at you from a distance, and you motioned for him to wait, wrapping everything up, a dangerous spark of hope in your heart as you almost rushed to him, greeting him with a friendly hug.

"You look weaker than the last time I saw you," Seonghwa shook his head, "Yeosang would be disappointed to know that I'm not taking care of you."

"I am taking care of myself, I just..." you shrugged, "Give it some time."

"Yeah," Seonghwa nodded, "I may have found something. You might wanna sit before you hear this."

You narrowed your eyes and sat down on the nearest bench and Seonghwa wondered how to word it to you. "The place where Yeosang was last... the beach, right? We found records of Yeosang when he was a human- nearly two centuries ago, it is the place where he died."

"Oh," you felt your heart sink, "You mean... die, like a normal human, and then he was... selected to be an angel?"

"Yes," Seonghwa nodded, "Now, how does this connect to where we are at?"

"How?"

"You tell me," Seonghwa smiled, "Kang Yeosang, the human, dies an untimely, unfair death. Two centuries later, he's at the same spot with his love, and fades away, leaving his trace," Seonghwa pointed at your bag, knowing you kept it with you, "Now, what could have happened?"

"He... did not die?" You shrugged, "I don't see your point."

"Tomorrow afternoon, be ready. We're going to attempt reincarnation."

"Bullshit," you laughed in disbelief, "You're telling me this could work!"

"Yes," Seonghwa laughed along, "The way he faded, it's like people fade when they are to be reincarnated. It might be something similar, it might be nothing, but we have to try. I'll arrive in your room so no one sees me, so... be prepared. And keep the feather with you."

"Seonghwa, if... I'm gonna throw you in the sea this time, for real, if this doesn't work."

"You're allowed to," Seonghwa smiled sadly, "I'd throw myself in the sea too."

You couldn't sleep that night at all, either laughing in disbelief or crying because of the fear that it might not work. And the next afternoon, holding nothing but the feather, Seonghwa came into your room and teleported you to the beach, where some others were waiting as well.