Special 2

Hoseok was going through some papers, signing some and putting others aside. Although he was trying to read through them all, his mind was occupied with something else. He has texted Yoongi this morning but received no reply, and it was almost noon. Yoongi was not a huge texter, but he would not ignore someone's message for a long period of time. The message had been delivered but not read, and Hoseok was growing anxious.

After handing the signed papers to his secretary, he picked his phone and dialed Namjoon's number quickly. Eager to not waste a lot of time, he asked about Yoongi's whereabouts soon after Namjoon picked up the phone.

"He only sent me a short message that he was not coming to the studio today"

"When did he message you?"

"I think it was around four or five in the morning, very odd timing"

He thanked his friend and hung up. It was true that Yoongi liked to stay up late, but why would he message Namjoon at an early hour? Did something happen? His anxiety got him and he decided to call and make sure everything is alright.

The first dial was not answered and Hoseok was already pacing across his office impatiently. Thankfully, the next dial was answered and a weak voice reached him.

"hello?"

"Yoongi? Hello, are you okay?"

"Hoseok? why are calling?"

"you weren't answering my texts and Namjoon said you weren't at the studio. Is everything okay? Where are you?"

"I am at home, a little bit sick, nothing serious"

But Yoongi's weak voice and slow words hinted at something more serious than he claimed. In an instant, Hoseok grabbed his bag with his keys and wallet and made his way out of the company.

"I will be there in a minute, okay?"

"you don't have to-"

"No, I will be there"

"okay"

Hoseok passed by his secretary's office to inform her of his leave, so she could inform Jungkook. It was still working hours but that was the last concern for him, he can afford leaving work like this and very few people could actually protest.

His car was soon out of the garage and he was on the way to Yoongi's apartment, a road he knew like the back of his hand. Considering the latter sick, he contemplated if he should buy groceries to cook something, but Yoongi always kept his fridge full so he did not waste any time.

When he exited the elevator and went to Yoongi's door, he rang the bell once but did not wait for anyone to open. He entered the digits to Yoongi's digital door lock and let himself in. Normally he wouldn't have opened the door for himself, he always waited until Yoongi opened it himself. But today, he was too impatient and worried, and he didn't want Yoongi to be moving around unnecessarily.

The apartment was quiet and dimly lit. The door to the bedroom was slightly open and so he went there immediately, leaving his bag on the floor. When he entered, he saw his friend lying on the bed, looking very pale and sweating excessively.

"Yoongi?"

Hoseok came closer and sat on the edge of the bed next to the sick man. The only reply he received was a weak humming. Instinctively, his hand reached to caress the other's hair and he could feel the heat from Yoongi's body.

"Your fever is very high"

He exclaimed, wondering how Yoongi could stay on his own in such a condition. A pained feeling crossed his chest. Why didn't Yoongi call him? But he did not want to dwell on that longer and got up to see what he could do.