𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

✦͙͙͙*͙*❥⃝∗⁎

✦͙͙͙*͙*❥⃝∗⁎.ʚ🎶ɞ.⁎∗❥⃝**͙✦͙͙͙

Chapter Twenty-Seven
On My Own

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

IT HAS BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE you sent the three boys to gather informations on your husbands' whereabouts. However, nothing seemed to be useful to you from the updates you received from them. You came to realize that you have put the three boys' lives in danger.

You have to finish this mission alone.

What's worst was that Diavolo is with you, putting his life at risk. You can't just let him stay here with a possible Upper Moon on the loose. Thus, you have to made your decision to send everyone back home.

"What are you saying, Y/N?"

"Exactly what you heard."

Diavolo was looking at you with shock after hearing what you said. You sighed and crossed your arms, "My decision is final, you're to return back to your world. It's enough that Zenitsu has disappeared, I can't risk it anymore." You declared firmly, you face has an emotionless look. For a few seconds, Diavolo didn't find anything to say in return. He couldn't believe that you were pushing everyone away to do this mission alone.

"But Y/N-..."

"No buts, go back immediately."

You didn't add anything after that and disappeared from his sight to inform Tanjiro and Inosuke the news.

-TIME SKIP-

"Hold up a second, okay?"

"Like this? Do you get this, then?"

You were sitting right in front of Tanjiro and Inosuke who didn't notice your arrival. Inosuke was talking about the demon being in the house he was staying in, "Uzui san and Zenitsu should be coming to check in, so-..." Tanjiro spoke up, but you cut him off.

"Zenitsu won't be coming."

Once you said that, they both looked at you, taking them off guard because they didn't hear you coming, "What do you mean by that?" Tanjiro asked, confusion evident in his tone. You didn't dare to face them and kept your back turned, "I feel bad about putting you through this. I wanted to... rescue my husbands so badly, I made some bad decisions. As it stands, Zenitsu is missing. There's been no contact since last night. You two should leave now. You're ranked too low for this. If the demon is Upper Rank, you can't handle it. I'll be continuing this mission on my own." You explained and stood up, grim in your tone.

"No, Uzui san, we-..." Tanjiro spoke up again, but you cut him off for the second time.

"Don't be ashamed! Whoever survives, wins. Don't overlook your chance."

Without any further details, you vanished from their view as well. Now you have to start from the first place... The place Zenitsu disappeared in.

The Kyogoku House.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

You landed on the rooftop of Kyogoku House, sneaking successfully into the owners room. You saw him sitting alone while holding a bloodied Kimono, it was your opportunity.

"What happened to Zenko and Hinatsuru? Give me the short version." You spoke from behind him, a kunai placed near his neck, "No questions from you, got that?" You added, pointing out that you don't want him to question you at the moment. The man panted in panic while sweat covered his face, "Zenko's disappeared. Hinatsuru fell ill and left for the Kirimise." He told you, his voice wavering with each word.

"Tell me everything that you think might be relevant. Who are you suspecting?" You asked again, removing the kunai away from him, "You can trust me, so speak up." The man let out a few deep breaths to calm down.

"I will kill whoever it is if it's the last thing I do. I will get revenge for you."

Tears welled up the man's tears, you can hear his heartbeats increasing, "An Oiran named Warabihime. She's in a room on the north side that has no light." Once he finished explaining, you quickly and quietly left the room without him noticing.

When you arrived to the Oiran's room, you found it empty, "Not here. She must be on the prowl for humans." You thought and jumped back on the rooftop. However, you were surprised when you saw Diavolo in his demon form, "What are you doing here? I told you to leave." You said, obviously pissed off by his behavior. He frowned and shook his head, "Let me at least help you find them, then I promise I will leave with them." Diavolo said, giving you a look of determination.

You sighed and turned around, "Fine. Follow me, I know where Hinatsuru is." You said and started to run with Diavolo flying right above you.

You continued to run and jump for what felt like hours until you arrived to the depths of the Entertainment District. You jumped down in an alley and took a peek to see if someone was out, but thankfully no one was there. You exited and sprinted again; however, you stopped on your track and turned around to a certain building. Your fuchsia eyes widen when you saw the man tied into bunch of belts.

"Hinatsuru!"

Diavolo saw you rush inside the building and landed down to follow you, only to see Hinatsuru tied up. You didn't waste time and freed him from his restraints, lying him down and placing his upper body on your lap and his head resting on your arm. You pulled out an antidote and placed it in his mouth, making him close his eyes. Hinatsuru looked really sick and tired which made you feel guilty.

"Forgive me, Y/N sama." Hinatsuru spoke up, his voice barely above whisper. You looked at him with apologetic eyes, "Never mind. Stop talking." You ordered because you wanted him to save his energy, but he ignored you and proceeded to explain.

"I realized that Warabihime Oiran was a demon, but she became suspicious of me, as well. So I drank some poison and tried to slip out of the House since I ran out of the potion too. But the belt given to me by her was for spying on and killing me. So I was unable to contact you. Y/N sama, do not trouble yourself with me. Please go now. The demon is on rampage."

After he finished, he opened his beautiful lavender eyes, giving you a pleading look. However, you felt hesitant leaving him in such a state, "You're sure you're going to be all right?" You asked, still looking at his tired face. "Yes. I'm sorry I couldn't be of a use to you." He replied while closing his eyes, his voice cracking slightly.

"There's no need for you to do anything more." You pulled him close to you, hugging him gently, "Once the antidote starts working, leave Yoshiwara. You hear me?" You demanded, making tears appear in Hinatsuru's eyes.

"Yes."

You then looked up at Diavolo, "I want you to stay with Hinatsuru, help him leave this place." You firmly stated, gently and slowly placing Hinatsuru on the old futon before standing up. The demon prince looked uncertain for a moment, "Where are you going?" He asked you.

You turned to him with a small smile, "I will look for Makio and Suma, then finish this mission."