3. teasing a rogue prince

CHAPTER THREE

DAEMON sat in with the council, his only thoughts were on his lady Rose

DAEMON sat in with the council, his only thoughts were on his lady Rose. He hated politics which is how he knew he didn't want the throne — he only wanted to live a life with Roseva though she had been making that awfully hard on him with all her 'pretending he doesn't exist' momentum.

He had tried over the last few days to gain her attention — well he threw sticks at her but nonetheless he tried.

Roseva had been thinking, she had even spoken to Rhaenyra who loved the gossip she was receiving but lately there hadn't been any gossip. Roseva had simply ignored everything Daemon was trying to do with her.

She was being stubborn — she was a Baratheon, it's in her blood.

"I just don't understand why you won't at least try with my uncle", Rhaenyra huffed as she wiped down her dress to sit down on her bed — Targaryen hair falling down from it's lose braid that Roseva had placed in a few moments ago.

Roseva put the brush down and sat on the free chair before taking a sip of tea, "I already told you why".

Rhaenyra didn't see the situation like Roseva did, Rose got her heartbroken and Rhae had never had her heartbroken.

"Please, Rose. Don't you want to be happy?".

"He's already married, Rhae. Even if I did want to pursue things with Daemon, I simply cannot", the lady tried to reason but the Princess merely shook her head and flopped back onto the bed.

"I heard they never even consummated their marriage. He doesn't even love her, he's here chasing after you but you won't even consider".

Roseva looked down, she almost felt guilty but then her mind flashed to the night he left without telling her and that guilt washed away. She arose from her seat and moved towards the bed — placing herself next to the young girl and laying down so the sides of their heads nearly touched.

"I love Daemon", she whispered and Rhaenyra's eyes lit up, "I always have and I always will but you don't know what it is like to love someone and watch them marry someone else and then have them leave you without saying a word of it".

Rhaenyra looked at the ceiling as she grasped Roseva's hand, her words were true but she wished that Daemon would stop being Daemon and just confess his love instead of hiding behind political doings and secrecy.

"I hope I love someone the way you love him", she whispered. Rhaenyra wanted to experience the love Roseva and Daemon so obviously held towards each other even if their stubbornness permitted them from being together.

Roseva could have sworn she heard her voice crack a little. "I pray to the Gods that you do".

Once Rhaenyra was asleep, Roseva creeped out of the room to see Ser Criston standing outside, keeping guard. "Goodnight, Ser".

Ser Criston bowed with a small smile, "Goodnight, Lady Roseva", he then arose, knowing that she didn't like formalities all too much.

Daemon walked out of the council, walking the halls with his sword in hand, armour on and hair messy and bloody. He didn't expect to see his rose wandering the halls to her chambers but he was glad that he had — especially at this hour.

"Rose", he watched as the woman stopped and growled under her breath, making him all so excited that he was interrupting her night.

"Prince Daemon", she turned around and bowed. Her eyes met his as she arose and took in his dirty nature and looked at him distastefully but he could see it was an act as she didn't care about dirt, not with the roses she blossomed.

"You look disgusting", she bit with a smirk, wanting to push him so she could take her leave.

But Daemon had other intentions as he leaned against the pillar beside him, "You charm me", his sarcasm only made her roll her eyes and walk around him to her chambers — himself not far behind her.

"Go away, Daemon".

"Why? I like your company".

"Because you bore me".

"You cannot ignore me forever, my dear Rose. I've been told plenty that I'm quite irresistible"— Daemon's footsteps echoed from behind her, bouncing off the walls as her own heels clicked against the marble floor.

The girls light chuckle met his ears — "Whoever told you that you're irresistible, lied to you". Her footsteps stopped as they finally ventured to her room, standing by the door as he hovered slightly behind her and she turned to face him.

Roseva watched as the princes eyebrows arose from their situated position — his violet eyes holding mere amusement as he uttered the words, "oh did they?", with a smug, heated tone that almost knocked the heart out of her chest.

"I hate you", she stepped closer to him, not that he minded at all — he liked her invading his personal space.

Daemon brought his face closer to hers, their breaths mingling all too close for people of their status to be sharing. "I don't think you do".

"No?", she teased, her lips almost touching his, their eyes still connected as he became putty in her hands. "That's too bad", she swiftly moved her face away and turned around, opening her door and closing it in his face before Daemon could even mutter a single word.

 "That's too bad", she swiftly moved her face away and turned around, opening her door and closing it in his face before Daemon could even mutter a single word