12. should i stay or should i go?

CHAPTER TWELVE

TW: ABUSE AND OTTO

TW: ABUSE AND OTTO

ROBERT slept peacefully in his crib, Roseva petted his head softly as she lulled him to sleep

ROBERT slept peacefully in his crib, Roseva petted his head softly as she lulled him to sleep. The woman smiled lightly down at her son — the light of her life when she was so lost among the darkness.

Rhaenyra sat in a chair she pulled up to the babes crib and watched him with soft eyes — she loved him like he was her brother, like the brother she missed out on and she loved Roseva like a mother, a mother she missed out on because her own died.

"He's so beautiful, I thanked the Gods when he was born that he looked exactly like you and not Otto", Roseva laughed softly at the Princess' words and nodded in agreement.

"Yes, the Gods blessed me with that I dare say".

"Did you . . .", Rhaenyra looked from Robert to Roseva then back to Robert, "did you speak with Daemon?", the princess knew that she had but didn't want to be nosy but she desperately wanted to know the topic of conversation they had.

Roseva frowned slightly and she noticed making her heart begin to hurt for the Baratheon woman, "I did though it did not end well. He just . . . he likes to think he can show up and every time he does I'll run into his arms again. And I want to but I cannot. He really hurt me this time, Rhae, and besides I am wed now".

Rhaenyra nodded in understanding, "My uncle is . . . complicated—".

"Could've fooled me".

"—What I mean is that, Daemon doesn't know how to be present within himself so how can he with someone else?", Roseva turned her head from Robert to look back at Rhaenyra with a look of confusion.

Rhaenyra noticed and began to elaborate, "Father once told me that Daemon is adventurous and never sticks around a lot. He's only ever wanted a handful of things and most of them he never got. One of those things were you, Roseva. But he couldn't have you and so he was sent to wed Lady Royce — as you know that marriage isn't exactly . . . right. And so Daemon became resentful to those who disappoint him, my father is one of those people despite his obvious need to have my father by his side. He's been rejected too many times during his life, he's a second son it was bound to be this way but then he lost you and I guess that was the final straw".