Chapter The Eleventh

I merged the Super Sonic battle thing with the next chapter, so this chapter is a tad longer than usual.

I bet you aren't disappointed about that, hmm.

Let's get into it <3

Tails sat back and watched as her best friend decimated the robot.

It was glorious to behold.

Honestly, Tails was impressed.

He was flying, and he seemed to be invincible, seeing as he was slicing through metal with his bare hands.

Somehow she could hear every word they were saying.

"It's over Eggman."

Sonic announced confidently, with an angry edge to his voice.

"I like the new look, it works for you!"

Classic Eggman, trying to weasel out of defeat.

By the look on Sonic's face, he isn't having it either.

Regardless, Eggman kept blathering.

"What do you say we just let bygones be bygones, hmm? I did some things, you did some things, there're good people on both sides."

Sonic simply narrowed his eyes.

Eggman was panicking now.

He's probably trying to pull some desperate last-ditch move.

"Surly two intelligent beings can work these things OUT!"

Yup, called it.

Eggman had reconnected his body to the robot and had tried to punch Sonic.

That was one epic fail, Eggman.

Sonic stopped it with a single hand.

If that wasn't the coolest thing I've ever seen, NOTHING IS COOL ANYMORE!

Then he exploded the robot's hand.

SO FREAKING COOL!

Eggman tried it again with the other fist.

Failed again Eggman!

I am loving this way too much than I should, but I DON'T CARE!!!

Sonic exploded the other hand, then dove straight through the robot's chest and out the other side.

Then he circled back and did the same thing several times, reducing the robot to a giant hunk of metal that was overbalanced and ready to topple over.

Finally, Sonic flew back up to Eggman and tapped the robot with his foot, causing it to fall backward slowly.

"Oh, that's how it is huh? Okay then. We're not friends!"

Eggman huffed, even as his doom approached.

"Later hater!"

He yelled as the robot fell backward, and he disappeared into smoke and fire.

Sonic watched solemnly, then turned and floated down to his jubilant team.

Tails watched for a moment, then got up and limped over, wincing slightly.

But even pain couldn't dim her bright smile.

Knuckles seemed to be holding everyone back, claiming that Sonic was no longer the hedgehog they once knew, but Tails just scoffed quietly.

It was just Knuckles being dramatic.

She lifted her head and continued to limp closer, ignoring Knuckles' shouts of fear.

Why would I be scared of the one person, in the whole galaxy, that I trust?

She looked him in the eyes and knew he was the same that he had always been.

One step at a time.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer.

And then she was hugging him, her face buried in his soft fur and his arms were around her and his laugh rumbled in her ear and finally, finally, everything was alright.

A splat was heard from behind her and Tails turned around to see a bunch of chili dogs coating Knuckles' face.

"I take it back. He is exactly the hedgehog you once knew."

Knuckles grumbled, trying to clean his face off unsuccessfully.

Tails laughed at his disgruntled face, then turned back to Sonic.

His eyes met hers, sharing words that never needed to be spoken.

Neither needed to speak.

They already knew exactly what the other was saying.

Sonic smiled and he allowed the Emerald to leave him, changing him back to the familiar blue that Tails loved.

He handed the Emerald over to Tom, who took on look at it and stuck it in the cooler, then gently took Tails' face in his hands and tilted it up.

She met his eyes and a warm feeling blossomed in her chest at what she saw.

Love.

Deep, unconditional love.

Tails smiled gently at him, then fluttered her eyes closed and felt his lips touch her own.

It's about time I got to this chapter!

I've been waiting for absolute AGES, and finally, they've kissed!

Yay!

Last official chapter. 

I'm honestly kind of sad that we're getting to the end, bcuz I enjoyed writing this.

As always, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Inspiration for the first part was taken from the vid <3

See you next chapter!

-GV