*Chapter 8*

3rd POV 

After Youngjae left it was just Mark and the King alone together. On the outside Mark looked calm but, on the inside, he felt like his heart was going to jump out of his chest he was so nervous. 

"Hello Mark." Jackson greeted him. 

"H-hello Your Majesty." Mark stuttered nervously. Jackson chuckled at how nervous he was. He thought it was adorable. 

"Just call me Jackson and you don't have to be nervous sweetheart." Mark looked up at him surprised. 

"H-how did you know?" Jackson chuckled again. 

"Since I am a vampire, my hearing is much more enhanced, I could hear your heartbeat the moment you stepped in the palace." Mark giggled at this feeling like he was finally able to calm down especially after Lia told him the King could be pretty strict and mean sometimes. 

But not with him. 

Jackson had been looking forward to seeing Mark especially after the information that was given to him and at first, he was quite shocked, but it quickly turned into happiness knowing that the love of his life has been reborn after almost a century of not having him by his side. 

For the time being the two of them walked around the palace talking and getting to know each other better just laughing and talking, and the more they talked, the more their love grew for one another but soon it was starting to get late. 

"You must be exhausted after a long ride here." Jackson beckoned youngjae over. "Youngjae show Mark to our room." He commanded. 

"Yes, Your Majesty." Jackson turned to Mark and kissed him on the forehead. "I'll be there soon, okay?" 

"O-okay." Mark said slightly blushing. Mark walked with Youngjae down the palace halls and towards their about to be shared bedroom. As he opened the door Mark gasped at how beautiful and expensive their bedroom looked. There were two chairs on the left side of the bedroom and a small table right in the middle. Along with that was their bed which had white pillows and gold and white sheets as well as a small bench at the end of the bed. 

"You and the King will be sleeping here from now on and Lia left some clothes for you to sleep in right on the bed and the bathroom is on the right

"You and the King will be sleeping here from now on and Lia left some clothes for you to sleep in right on the bed and the bathroom is on the right."  Youngjae said. 

"Thank you Youngjae." he bowed and closed the door a loud click resonating through the huge room. Mark sighed happily and grabbed a towel and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. 

After he was done, he put on the outfit that Lia had laid out for him. A cute little set of silk pajamas. 

Mark put on his pajamas and climbed into bed loving how soft the pillows and sheets were

Mark put on his pajamas and climbed into bed loving how soft the pillows and sheets were. Almost felt like he was laying on a cloud. He tried his hardest to stay up for as long as he could wanting to wait for Jackson, but sleepiness overtook him and soon, he was fast asleep. 

Jackson POV 

I was walking upstairs to my bedroom as it was already past 11pm and I was quite tired. One of my guards opened the door and I could see Mark was fast asleep I smiled at how adorable he looked. It looked like he tried to wait for me, but he ended up falling asleep. 

I quickly changed out of my royal attire and into some sweatpants and a tank top. I quietly slipped into bed and behind Mark and slid my arm around his waist. As I was about to fall asleep, I felt Mark grab my hand intertwining our fingers together. 

I smiled again before leaning over and placing a kiss on his forehead. 

"Good night my love." 

(Authors Note) 

I meant to get this chapter out yesterday, but I was too sleepy. 

And I'm really happy with how far I'm getting with this book since I tend to get writers block a lot. 

hope you guys like it

until then ✌🏾