Eleven: 500 Years of Solitude. Part Two.

Still with Katherine, Elena, and Damon...

They watched Katherine's eyes closed.

*Flashback, Mystic Falls, 1864...*

Katherine and Emily rode in a horse and carriage...

"How much further until we reach this Lockwood plantation?" Katherine asked.

"It won't be long now. We've just entered the town of Mystic Falls."

"Good." Katherine said.

Suddenly, the horse and carriage halted.

"What is it now?" Asked Katherine.

"Looks like a gentleman's having some problems with his carriage."

"At this rate... we won't arrive until sundown. What does it matter...?" Katherine asked, looking over at the man.

Emily looked over.

"Who is that? He's so handsome. Why do you say, Emily? Think that gentleman's family would take in a poor orphan girl from Atlanta?" Katherine asked, laughing."

*End of Flashback...*

Damon was sat on the edge of the bed, and he frowned.

"What the hell was that?" He asked.

"You never heard the real story... of how I come to meet your brother? I want to think that this prophecy... of the universe bringing the doppelgängers together is absurd. But the moment that I saw Stefan... I can't describe it. Ask Ellie, she probably won't be able to describe it either. The out-of-the-way road, the downed tree... the broken-down carriage, it just... it sounded like fate to me."

Back with Stefan and Ellie, the Travelers were still chanting...

More wood broke off and Stefan moved closer to Ellie. He looked down at her.

"Well, this isn't awkward." She said.

"I guess we probably picked the wrong day to be in a fight, huh?"

She shook her head, smiling.

"I'm sorry, okay? I've obviously taken it harder than I thought. The breakup, I mean. I gotta remember everything you've been through." She said.

Stefan and Ellie watched a man walked over carrying two buckets. He placed the buckets in front of Stefan and Ellie.

"You don't happen to speak Czech, do you?" She asked.

"Uh, unfortunately not, no."

"Okay." She says.

The man in front of them took out a knife. He grabbed her arm.

"Stefan?" She asked.

Stefan grabbed her arm just above the man's hand.

"Let her go." Stefan said, giving the man a warning look.

The man removed Stefan's arm and Ellie breathed deeply.

"It's okay. I guess he just wants doppelgänger blood." She says.

She groaned when he cut across her wrist. She held her hand over the bucket. The man does the same thing to Stefan.

"Should we knock his head off?" She asked.

"Depends. If I kill him, do you think the rest of these boards will fall down?"