Twenty-Two: Home.

Later, Ellie sat beside Stefan's body, crying and holding onto his hand...

Caroline ran in with Damon and Elena, Ellie continued crying and holding onto Stefan's hand pressed to her lips

"He's dead. He's dead." Ellie said, her chin shaking, and she had a complete breakdown.

"Oh, my God. Stefan." Elena said, backing away and sitting down.

"I didn't know where to take him. I couldn't leave him outside. Bonnie has a plan, right? She told Caroline she could... she could bring people back. Tell me she can bring him back!" Ellie shouted, looking at Damon.

"I promise we'll bring him back. Come on. Let's get away from prying eyes. Okay." Damon said, covering Stefan's body with a blanket.

"I'm not leaving him. No way in hell." Ellie said, pulling the blanket off Stefan.

"Ellie, you can't stay here, okay? I just promised you I'd bring Stefan back." Damon said, covering Stefan's body.

On the other side, Stefan was standing watching them...

His gaze was drawn to Ellie. He knew she was going to be upset, but this was harder. He never thought she'd react like this.

Suddenly, Stefan heard rumbling and shaking, and his back hit a plank of wood

His feet skidded against the floor, and he tried to grab onto something to hold on to.

He gasped, and his body fell to the floor. The wind picked up, and his body flew about, and he grabbed onto a wall.

He panted heavily and tried to hold on. His fingers were slipping, and a hand slapped against his arm, holding onto him.

"I got you." Lexi said.

He let go of the wall, and he breathed heavily, and they stood behind a wall.

"Looks like I've saved you from metaphorical darkness... and actual darkness. I think you owe me a beer." She says.

He looked around.