Eighteen: Resident Evil. Part Two.

Upstairs, Enzo, Ellie, and Caroline were still listening in...

"Ouch, she used the F-word. Poor bastard." He says.

"I thought that's what this was?" Ellie asked.

"It is. It was never explicitly stated until now." He said.

"And that matters because...?" Caroline asked.

"Because until it's officially out there, there's still hope. And hope?" Asked Enzo.

Ellie nodded.

"Hope can trick you into all sorts of hilariously unrealistic scenarios."

"You mean Maggie? What happened?" Asked Caroline

"The Travelers forgot to tell me where Maggie was... before they lit themselves on fire. Talk about a lead going up in smoke." He says.

"Yeah, but, no offence... if she was still alive, wouldn't she be, like, really old?"

"Seventy years of captivity and she was the face that I clung onto

"Seventy years of captivity and she was the face that I clung onto. Just the notion that one day I'd get out and see her again... I don't want to date her, Ellie. I want to thank her." He said, looking at Ellie, smiling softly.

Back with Damon and Elena...

"So... Ellie's having sex dreams about my brother and her boyfriend?"

"She didn't say they were sex dreams. I don't know, you'll have to ask her." She said.

"I was just trying to skip the uncomfortable part."

"Yeah. Maybe we should get her down here." She says.

A few seconds later, Ellie came down, clearing her throat.

"I don't know what they're about, Damon. It's just snippets of Stefan and me living in some alternative reality." Ellie says.

"I'm gonna regret asking this given my situation... by any chance, are they, uh, fantasy Ellie and fantasy Stefan really... really happy?" He asked.

"Um... yeah. Beyond happy." Ellie said, frowning.