Troubling Thoughts

Chapter 8.01: Troubling Thoughts

---

Tsuki walked into her room after helping the Nekton family with the distress call. It was just a research boat that ran into some engine problems and took some damage when it hit some rocks. She changed into a black tank top and her usual pants. She sat down on the ground with her legs crossed. Taking a deep breath in and out, she calmed her mind.

She started to think about what happened earlier with the pirates. Something has been bothering her since then. 'Why did I not care about the lives of the pirates? Why was my first instinct to harm them?'

~~~

Tsuki was seven and she was all alone. It hadn't been long since she lost her mother. She was stuck in the wild, trying to survive. She had to do things she wasn't proud of, but she had to if she wanted to survive. Which brought her to this moment.

Tsuki was backed up against a boulder. "So here you are... You shouldn't have been sticking around here. People start talking about a thief that's been taking their food." Tsuki glared at the bounty hunter. She's been hunted ever since that day, she's had a hard time getting away from them.

"Just leave me be. You can walk away with your life." Tsuki's once cheerful bright eyes were dulled and dark. She had her hand on her katana, ready to strike the man down.

The man didn't take her warning, grabbing his own sword. The bounty on her was high, riches that could set him for life. Too bad that made him blind to see his death.

~~~

Tsuki sat there shaking, she gripped her arms tightly and tried to catch her breath. She never liked to think of that dark period in her life. The pain brought her out of her thoughts. She looked at her hand that was gripping her arm which had a nasty bruise. "I guess I should deal with that..." Getting up from her spot she grabbed a large bowl and left for the restroom.

-------

Whew! Thanks for reading this short chapter! I apologize for taking so long. I'm currently writing and editing the 11th chapter of the main story. I'm publishing the other short side stories I have finished.