Sleepover

Chapter 11.02: Sleepover

"Yes, Fontaine?" Tsuki looked at her friend. She was so close to her room, she could feel her blankets!

"Do you want to hang out with me? We can have a sleepover!" The teen really wanted to have a girl's night. Don't get her wrong, she loved to hang out with her mother, but she wanted to hang out with someone around her age that wasn't her brother or over a screen.

"What's a sleepover?" This was something she hadn't heard before. Her curiosity always seemed to overrule her need for sleep. 

"It's where a group of friends hang out and sleep over at someone's house, but since we live in a submarine, we can sleep in my room."

"So similar to camping?"

"That's one way to think of it."

The two girls were laying on the blankets and pillows spread out on Fontaine's floor. Music filled the air, always switching to different genres after each song ended. "You're playlist is going to look weird after this..."

"I like the different music this era has," Tsuki explained.

"We got western classical, traditional music from different cultures, pop, rock, musicals, and soundtracks from different shows." Fontaine scrolled through her friend's tablet.

"I love music, there wasn't a variety like now back then."

Fontaine perked at this, "Did you play anything when you were younger?" She rested her cheek on her fist, waiting for the Guardian's reply.

Tsuki was on her back with an arm behind her head. "My grandmother taught me the basics of the harp when I was younger...saying 'This way you can divert your energy to something else other than training or running off into the woods' It helped for a while, but the desire to explore the forest won."

The teen grew curious, "You know, I never heard you speak of your family before."

The younger girl shrugged, "There's not much to tell. I try not to dwell in the past too much."

"Oh, right...sorry." It's times like these that remind the Nekton that Tsuki is over 6,000 years old. Her friend was all alone.

"It's okay Fontaine, I sometimes forget I'm from a different time." Her dreams can be vivid memories, making her think everything now was a dream. Every time she opens her eyes her heartaches, reminding her of everything she lost.

The two began to talk more. Getting away from the previous topic.

"It's been a while since we heard from my grandparents."

"Grandparents?" Tsuki looked up from the music sheet in her hand.

"Yeah," She grabbed her tablet and showed her a picture of her, Ant, and their grandparents.

Blue eyes widened, "That's you and Antaeus? You were both so cute when you were younger!" Children were always her weakest point.

"You know what? Forget you saw anything." She pulled her tablet back.

"Nooooo!" Tsuki whined.

Both girls laughed as they wrestled over the tablet. Soon the girls lay on the ground, exhausted. Tsuki held the tablet to look at the picture.

"You guys seem close to them." A small smile formed on her lips. Her heart ached when she thought of her mother and grandmother. "It reminds me of my grandmother and I."

Fontaine listened to her friend, she was glad that she started to open up. She's far more mysterious than Nereus. Tsuki started to recall her fond memories of her time with her grandmother.

"I was just thrown into the lake! The complete betrayal!"

"Pfft!" Fontaine burst out laughing. "I can't believe she threw you in!"

They looked over to where the door slid open.

"Ant! I told you to knock!" The eldest sibling was annoyed at the boy's sudden intrusions.

"You two have been in here the whole day!" Ant got used to hanging out with his friend, "Besides I want to show Tsuki this awesome project I just finished."

"Can't you do that tomorrow?"

"It's in her room."

Tsuki jumped up, "What did you do in my room?" She had some dangerous things in her room. And stuff that she doesn't want anyone to mess with.

The three kids entered Tsuki's room. Tsuki didn't notice anything different. "What did you do...?"

Ant grinned as he dimmed the lights. "Look up!"

Fontaine and Tsuki's eyes shined as they looked up. The ceiling looked like the night sky. Beautiful shades of blues and purples blended in with the black. The stars looked like they were glowing.

"How?" Tsuki looked over at her friend, she was shocked at the change in her room. 'Is this what he did all day?'

"I had Professor Fiction send me the backdrop and glow paint. The only thing that took the longest was cleaning up the paint that missed." Ant rubbed the back of his head.

Tsuki looked around and saw what her friend was talking about, small glowing dots of paint could be seen where Ant most likely missed or couldn't reach. She couldn't be made about it though. The girl hugged him, "Thank you Ant."

Kaiko and Will were walking around, trying to find the kids. The submarine was unusually quiet, making them suspicious.

Ant's room was checked, making the mother remind her son to clean it later, but it no one was there. Fontaine's was checked as well, only to see a few blankets on the ground.

Will knocked on Tsuki's door, getting no response. Kaiko opened it and was met with a sight that warmed her heart. All three kids were strewn about on the floor, blankets underneath them, and a laptop on with a 'Are you still watching?' screen.

Will had to cover his mouth to stop himself from laughing when Ant changed sleeping positions, accidentally smacking both girls.

Fontaine grumbled and used her pillow to hit her brother.

---

Whew! 927 words, let's go!

Sorry for not publishing these when the chapter came out, I had COVID for the past week or so. The next main chapter is nearly done, it needs to be edited and the final drawings finalized.