Saudade

A large tear slipped from your eye as the image of your father with another woman traumatized you only at age 13. You and JJ both had come home, moaning filling your young ears.

Flashbacks immediately flooded your brain, memory of the woman who would threaten to break up the family with out regular payments. The woman who threatened to expose your fathers business, his whole livelihood for her own benefit and gain.

She needed to feed her daughter from a previous marriage, there was no other way, oh but this soon came to bite you and everyone else in the ass. Her daughter was a mini her, her daughter was the absolute devil. Scythe took Kylo's life because of the need and hunger for money.

Scythe killed your baby all because they were furious that the payments had slowed, no, had come to a rapid halt. They were mad at their now lack of income due to JJ not being a money giver but a giver of love.

"That fuckin bitch." You cursed under your breath wiping the tear. "They fuckin played me. They- they-" JJ choked out looking up at you in terror. "How can I ever love again? How can I get Kylo back? How can I even live. It's my fault." He sobbed, Mahalia's grip tightening on him.

"Come here baby." You whispered opening your arms allowing your little brother to rush into them. You weren't angry that his little brain couldn't comprehend the things yours could. He was avoiding his guilt that shouldn't even be his.

"Scythe was so sick my love. This isn't your fault. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did." You whispered, moving his dreads out of his face to reveal the young broken boy beneath the shield . "Dad told me no Y/n. Dad said to stay away from them but I thought he was bullshitting. How can I live with myself?"

"You can continue to live, I know you can

"You can continue to live, I know you can."

"I can't bury two brothers Jerome. I cant." You broke. "I'm failing as a parent right now." This got a little chuckle out of him as he knew you couldn't have kids and hated being referred to as him and Kylos mom in public. "You don't look like a parent at least. Sero's the old ass." JJ retorted as he glanced in Sero's direction.

"Very funny." Sero spoke dryly with a slight smirk, his eyes still sad just like the rest of you. No light would fully shine on the family for months, years, even decades. This loss was greater than any loss you all had gone through, however this was the game. This was the price of the life you both were sucked into.

There would never be full closure or happiness, but you all would move on and honor Kylo for the rest of your lives. Right now however, the most important thing to all of you was honoring him for the world to see...a grand funeral held in his honor.

"I can't fucking stand to stay in this place." you groaned at Sero. "It's just until after the funeral mi amor, one more day," He whispered bringing your head to his chest and kissing the top of your head. "We got this. We gotta stay strong for JJ and for Kylo's little classmates okay?" You nodded in response.