Chapter 15 - Be Mine

The end is here :) Thanks to you (you know who you are) for sticking with this, I had fun <3 

Mitch made his way back into the house with nerves traveling throughout his body. Scott had moved into the kitchen to talk with their moms and stealing bites of turkey. He smiled when Nel slapped his hand away and chastised him. Scott laughed at something his mom said and this new but welcome feeling warmed his chest. He stood quietly in the doorway before Scott spotted him.

"Hi, baby... come over here and taste this turkey, it's so good." His cheeks were slightly flushed, indicating he'd had a bit too much wine. Mitch chuckled and walked in to put his arms around Scott's abdomen from behind. He rested his head on his back and Scott's arms crossed over his. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I just missed you." Mitch closed his eyes and let himself feel his love for Scott envelop him and hoped that it would just sink into him so he could feel it. He wasn't sure how to put it into words and keep things the way they were. It was terrifying to think that Scott wasn't quite to that point yet, which would be the smart way to go. Mitch had to start trusting himself like his father had, and knew that he would have to tell Scott before he went back to LA. But first, he was content to just rest against Scott and not let go. Ever.

Scott turned and wrapped his arms around Mitch's waist, kissing his head. Their moms were working on getting food ready, but they exchanged all-knowing smirks. Scott saw them and pursed his lips. "Come on, let's leave them to it."

Nel perked up. "Oh, dinner will be ready in about half an hour, don't be late." She glanced innocently at them before shooing them away.

Mitch grabbed Scott's hand and led them out of the kitchen and into the nearest empty room, which happened to be a bathroom. He locked the door and pressed Scott up against the wall. "I missed you a lot," he said quietly.

Scott turned them until Mitch was against the wall. "How much exactly?"

Mitch's eyes squinted playfully, and he reached up to bring Scott's face down to his until their lips connected. There was no easing into it, he showed him what he was thinking and feeling with his hands and mouth. Mitch tugged Scott impossibly closer with desperation and ran his fingers through his hair, which turned him on even more. He moaned and hoped no one could hear him on the other side of the door. He once again turned them until Scott was against the wall, tilting his head to the other side of Scott's face as they continued to make out. Scott leaned Mitch back by pushing on his hips, both trying to catch their breaths.

"I'd say that's a lot," Scott said with a short laugh. He backed up until he was against the far wall so that they could collect themselves.

They stared at each other and Mitch made fists; it took all of his willpower to not follow Scott. If Scottnapping were an option, he would've stolen him two hours ago. "Just in case you were unsure," Mitch said with a smile. He allowed his eyes to skim down his body before coming back to his alluring lips and then his eyes. He wasn't sure if it was the epiphany of being in love with Scott or just pure desire for him that made him want to take him home and have his way with him. He planned to later either way. How does one proclaim their love? They were both adults. What if Mitch just blurted it and called it a day? It was a bit of a big deal to him, though. If this is what it felt like, then he never wanted to let go of Scott. Maybe they should talk about their distance problem first, but it really didn't matter either way; his feelings weren't going to change.

"I don't ever want to let you go, Scott. The bathroom is the least attractive place to talk about this, but you're so important to me and I can't see a future without you in it. I could be digging myself a nice hole to crawl in to, but I promised myself that I wouldn't hold back from facing my truths. I've never felt even half of what I feel about you and it's a bit scary to me. I'm going to be honest... I still sometimes think this is a dream that I'll cruelly wake up from, that us and what I feel isn't real." He stepped toward Scott until he was right in front of him. He took his hand and brought it up to his chest, over his heart. "Feel my heart, it's almost pounding out of my chest. This is the most real it's going to get." He took a deep breath. "I love you," he said softly. "I have never known what it felt like, I can just say that I miss you when I don't see you. It hurts when you or I have to leave. My heart races when we touch or even when I'm just looking at you. I'm happiest when we're together. I love hearing you laugh, I love cuddling with you, I love listening to all of your crazy stories and can't ever wait to hear more, I love kissing you until we're both breathless. I love everything about what makes you you."