1||Abandon

"Why?"

Tobirama stayed stoic and unwavering at the stabbing words that made his heart clench, slowly chipping away at him. He already knew that Hashirama would favor Madara than himself. His own brother. And that would mean favoring Madara's ideals and those he loves over himself. His last living brother.

"How could you do it?!" Hashirama threw his hands up with an exasperated and strained look. It wasn't exaggerated like when he would try to avoid his paper work."You killed Izuna! The only chance to get peace was through him, and now that you've killed Madara's last remaining brother, he won't ever accept peace from us!"

Tobirama wouldn't show how much it hurt. He noticed the rift between himself and Hashirama long ago to foresee this event in his head.

He knows he could have spared Izuna's life, only wounding him. Yet his brother didn't understand that even if he injured Izuna, the Uchiha would have recovered just as fast and had a chance to take his own younger brother's life had Tobirama not connected his blade.

Maybe he didn't understand. At least, not now. Hashirama was always the optimistic one. The brother who would always be everyone's saving grace. Everyone's sun in the middle of the cold and cloudy day, bringing warmth. Tobirama was cold and stoic. Everyone tensed in his presence. He was like the unyielding tundra that never let up, even out of his armor.

Unless of course, it was when his brother comes around the corner, that Tobirama's day lights up even for a second. His eyes let out a small gleam of fondness when he senses his older brother. He never received it back though. Hashirama loved everyone. His world was filled with those he loved. His dream was to keep them safe. Tobirama's world was small. It revolves around 2 people and 2 people alone. His beloved older brother and his cousin Touka.

Tobirama was ruthless on the field. Someone had to take the role. Someone had to be the realistic one to drag Hashirama back down to Earth from out of the clouds. He was realistic. He wasn't a dreamer. He had goals, yes, but not dreams or wishes. Goals were something obtainable. An idea planned out to the last possibility. Wishes and dreams were ideas without plans and not aligned with reality. Tobirama was never one to wish. He lived in the moment. He lived in the time they lived in. They lived in war. Bloody and cold war.

And yet, Hashirama doesn't seem to realize that. At least, not as the same level as everyone sees war much like himself. He was aware of war going around him, yet he always seemed to brush it off after mourning and going straight to ideas for peace.

Hashirama was alive and radiating power and energy on the battle field. He never held any hostility or coldness unlike Tobirama.

Unlike his younger brother, he was striving for a new way of life. He was alive and moving. He was living. He had reason to live for the future and not for himself or one person. His dream revolved around everyone.

Tobirama was alive. But he wasn't living. He lived to serve. He lived for Hashirama and his elder brother's ideals, not his own. He was never selfish in his ideas. He was just a realist to a fault. Hashirama was selfish. He would risk a dozens of lives to try and save futures that weren't even guaranteed.

Hashirama didn't see Tobirama as a supportive sibling. He saw him as the perfect soldier their father wanted. Always perfect. Always prepared for flesh to meet blade.

"We could have a achieved peace if you hadn't attacked. it wasn't needed! Unnecessary!" Hashirama choked out. He was talking as if Izuna was family and Tobirama were the enemy.

Tobirama didn't change his stance or facial expression. His mind was racing. The gears in his head were always turning. The reason why he is such a thorough and organized person when it comes to strategy and planning is because his mind races with different outcomes and "what ifs".