3||Regret

"Take me to him."

Madara stopped looking at the vase, incredulity painting his face. "What?"

Izuna rolled his eyes."First your logic and reasoning went out the window, now your hearing too?"

"You little shit, I worry about you for hours and that's what you say?!" Madara growled.

"Tobirama saved me and you threw him in a cell and tortured his mind?" Izuna retorted with a glare.

It was silent.

Incredibly awkward silence.

"So what? He's the enemy–"

"And he was my rival, my equal! You little sadist, at least hear him out! Did you even ask him why he was here to heal me? About who sent him? If it's a trap?" Izuna was serious now."What if he sacrificed himself on purpose so his fellow clansmen could have a reason to attack?"

Madara's opened mouth clamped shut, now reveling in the theory.

"His brother will be enraged at the fact we even touched his younger brother, much less tortured him." Izuna's voice steadily got louder, black eyes slowly swirling into red pinwheels.

It was quiet with a new weight of realization sitting heavily in the air.

Madara narrowed his eyes, conflicted at the options before sighing dejectedly."I'll bring you to him."

Izuna's sharingan dispersed almost immediately at the words. He looked down at his clenched fists."Thank you."

____

Madara led Izuna carefully down the spiral stair case with his arm around Izuna's torso to keep him upright to the cell where Tobirama was being held.

Finally, they reached 2 double doors made of complete iron.

Madara reluctantly looked at the seals."He's dangerous even without his chakra. Are you sure you want to go inside."

Izuna's decision didn't waver, instead, it seemed stronger."I'm certain."

The Uchiha head unsealed the paper seals lining the door and unclasped it's many locks, grabbing the handle before pulling.

The door slowly swung open revealing the dark room.

The bowl of rice sit exactly where it was placed, untouched.

What they saw in the corner was something they would have never been able to imagine in their minds.

Izuna's eyes widened at the horrid sight before him. It hurt for him to witness it, even his own enemy.

Madara was dumbstruck. This wasn't the cold blooded Senju who possessed that cold killer's aura and a deep hate for the Uchiha that he remembered. He wasn't feeling the satisfaction he thought he would possess when he saw Tobirama in this state, instead, it was regret filling his chest and making his throat tighten to muffle a gasp.

Tobirama was in the corner, curled in a ball with hands over his ears, dried blood and cuts littering his arms. They weren't bandaged even with his medical expertise.

He was quivering in fear as he hid his face in his knees muttering incoherent "I'm sorry's" and "it wasn't my fault."

The 2 brothers were already moving before they even realized it.

Izuna walked towards Tobirama with concern.

He reached his hand out to embrace the other and tell him everything would be okay, waiting for the his rival to accept the comfort.