24

"Wait, first we need to go to Nidavellir. I don't need a spoon, I need a hammer," Thor muttered, tossing the spoon he was eating some soup with aside. "Hold up, Nidavellir? They make the most horrific weapons there, I would very much like to go there!" The raccoon with the screechy voice from earlier cheered. "I will stay with these friends and find Thanos. You can go with this racoon and get a new hammer," I told Thor. Thor placed his hands on my shoulders firmly. "You just saw Loki die. You sure you're up to Thanos?"
"I don't have a biological family. I lost the love of my life. I saw my best friends get killed before my eyes. 'Cept for you, what more could I lose?"
"Yes, but there is a chance that Loki is still out there-"
"Don't. Don't give me hope. Go with the raccoon and go get a new hammer. I'll go wherever they're going to kill Thanos."
Thor hugged me tightly and said, "Y/n. Don't die." We fist bumped and he patted me on the back firmly. "For the record, I know you're only going to Nidavellir because that's where Thanos isn't," Quill said to the raccoon. "You know Quill, you shouldn't talk that way to your captain." He replied back.
"Quill, I thought you were the captain?"
"I am."
I shrugged and got in one of the empty seats. Quill put in some coordinates and said, "On track to Knowhere. Approaching jump in five, four, three, two, one." I held on tight and we completed the jump.
We reached Knowhere soon enough. We went through and boy, was it weird. We disembarked and I looked around, having a lingering thread of hope. We walked down and I heard his voice. I wanted to run right now and slit his throat for what he did to Loki. But if I did, it would put the whole mission in jeopardy.
"I know you have it Tivan. Everyone knows you would sell your own brother for something as valuable--"
"I didn't know what it was..."
"I imagine lying is like breathing to you."
"Like--suicide." I saw him standing there with a foot on a man's chest. "Then you're even more of a fool than I took you for," Thanos said. Drax, one of the other people I had been introduced to on the ship, drew knives. I shook my head. Shit. We're doomed. Quill tried to stop him but he was already running. Mantis pressed her hand against the back of his head. "Sleep!" She whispered. He fell into a pile of metal...alerting Thanos to where we were.
Gamora ran and stabbed him in the throat with me twisting it, delivering the killing blow. He was finally done. We had finally killed him. Yet I felt incomplete. I collapsed to the floor and started sobbing. "Is that sadness I sense in you, little one?" A disembodied voice echoed. We all looked around. The caged body of Tivan waved goodbye. Knowhere, we found, was decimated. Shit. He had the third stone.
Thanos stepped out and the red stone stopped glowing, but not after he shot Mantis and Drax with it. I looked around panicking. I saw him. Loki. He was alive. Trapped in one of those glass cells. His lips were sewn shut and he was pounding against the walls. "No, no no! Let him out, now!" I screamed. I started kicking and pounding the glass to try and get him out. "Very well," Thanos sighed. He used the purple stone to blast him out. Loki collapsed onto the ground and he didn't move. "C'mon, please. Loki, come on!" I yelled, shaking him. He finally moved and I shook him into full consciousness.
When we looked over, Thanos had Gamora in his grip. Quill had his gun pointed at her. "Do it!" He yelled. Quill was gonna shoot her. "I love you, more than anything," Gamora sobbed. Quill shook his head. "I love you too," he cried. He closed his eyes and pulled the trigger. I was ready for a loud shot when it was silent. I opened my eyes and there were only bubbles. His gun had disappeared. "I like you," Thanos said, disappearing with Gamora. Drax and Mantis were restored to their former selves and so was Loki, without the thread on his lips.
I threw myself into his grip. "Loki, tell me it's really you," I whispered. "It's me, love. I'm sorry, it was the only way to protect you," he cried. "I know, just please don't do it again. I'm not a fan of wondering whether you're dead or alive every five minutes."
"Alright. I love you, so much. And I promise now, I'm never letting you go."
"Well I'm not letting you."