💗Fourteen💗

Brooke hated how she was keeping quiet that her mum had slept with her dad. She hated how it was getting more complicated than she originally thought. She hated how she was keeping it from Charley.

That morning, she woke in bed and sighed. She checked her phone see a text from Tom. She quickly replied and got out of bed.

She walked downstairs and saw her dad. He sighed. "Look, I know what you saw. But you can't say anything to her. Please. She will take Rosie and leave me. I can't lose her," he said.

Brooke shook her head and sighed. "I won't say anything because I don't want to lose Rosie. But I will never forgive you for that," she told him.

"Thank you. I just don't want to lose them both. You're my perfect little family," Simon told her.

Brooke shrugged. "Obviously not so perfect if you were cheating," she spat.

Simon glared as he looked to her. "Keep it down! Charley is upstairs."

***
Brooke went into school with Charley and her dad. She sighed as she went to walk off. Charley stopped her. "Hey. What's going on? I heard you and your dad this morning. It sounded like you were arguing. Is everything okay?" She asked.

Brooke nodded. "Yeah it's fine. Why wouldn't it be? I mean I'm happy. You're happy. My dad is happy. That's all that matters isn't it?" She said as she walked off.

She felt bad for lying to Charley. But she didn't want her to leave. She knew she had to keep it quiet.

***
Tom walked into the common room. He saw Brooke and sat with her. "Is everything okay? You don't seem yourself and I'm worried," he said.

"I'm fine. Don't worry."

Tom looked to her. He took her hand seeing that they were alone. "You know that you can talk to me. About anything. I don't ever judge."

Brooke sighed. "My dad. He slept with my mum. And he wants me to keep it from Charley. Only cause he doesn't want her to leave. But I shouldn't be forced to keep it quiet."

"You have to do what's best for you. What do you want?"

"I don't want to lose to anyone. But I can't keep this quiet. I'm scared that it will be my fault. My dad will hate me," Brooke all but sobbed.

Tom smiled. He knew how conflicted she was feeling. He felt bad for her. "It will be okay. Do what's best for you."

****
Tom walked into the staffroom. He looked to Simon. "I think you need to talk to Brooke. She's quite upset," he said.

"What's she said?"

Tom sighed. "She's told me everything. How you slept with her mum. She's relatively broken sitting in the common room. You've made this mess. You need to fix it," he told her.

Simon rolled his eyes. "I don't need you telling me how to fix my mess. Stay out of it."

"She's my pupil. I have a duty of care. So sort it out," Tom told him as he turned and walked off.

Simon stood there and sighed. But he had no idea how everything was about to get much worse.