11

Rooster and the others watched as the rescue plan landed on the hard deck.

Rooster quickly jogged over to where it landed, maverick who had just landed his plane ran over too.

"Katherine!" Maverick yelled as the doors opened.

Katherine stepped out, and maverick engulfed her in his arms tightly.

Katherine looked over to see rooster panting, he was extremely relieved that she was not on a stretcher and bleeding.

Maverick let go of his daughter, "hold onto her." Maverick said to rooster as he went around to the pilots in the rescue plane.

Katherine walked over to rooster who just stared at her. His heavy breathing showed that he cared, even if he didn't know it himself.

"I'm okay Bradly." Katherine smiled.

Bradly quickly nodded, they just looked at each other until a nurse came out and took Katherine away to the hospital wing. Maverick went with her and instructed rooster to tell the team that she was okay.

Rooster did just that.

._______.

Bradly was about to get in his truck when Phoenix stopped him.

"You okay?" Bradly realised that Phoenix was also in the air with Katherine.

"Yeah, you?" Phoenix asked.

"I'm fine." Bradly shrugged.

"Yeah yeah, you totally panicked when you heard Katherine's crash." Phoenix wiggled her eyebrows. "You got a little crush?"

"Oh shut up." Bradly rolled his eyes.

"Oh it's like that now, huh?" Phoenix laughed.

"What, she was my best friend. Of course I would care if she burned in." Bradly defended himself.

"Fair enough." Phoenix smiled.

"And no, I do not have a crush on Katherine Mitchell." Bradly said getting in his truck.

"Mhm." Phoenix was convinced she was right.

Bradly shook his head and waved goodbye as he drove off.

._________.

Katherine looked around her hospital room, she sighed as she watched the heart rate monitor. This was so embarrassing.

Her train of thoughts were cut off when she heard a knock on the door, a part of her wanted rooster to be there but it was just her dad.

"Hey kiddo." Maverick smiled, holding a bag of chips.

"Oooo, my favourite." Katherine snatched the bag from her dad.

'Barbecue chips' she read the label, "thanks.".

"The nurse said you'll be good for tomorrow you just need to rest here." Maverick sat down on her bed.