Unplanned

"Don't worry. I can't get pregnant."

A sasusaku AU snippet. A bit angsty.

.
.
.

She hadn't planned on getting a divorce, until her husband cheated on her.

She hadn't planned on going out and getting drunk the eve of the finalization for their divorce, but her bestie insisted it was something to celebrate.

She hadn't planned on fucking the first man to hit on her in five years, but the alcohol buzzing in her system caused a momentary lapse in her judgment.

She hadn't planned on getting pregnant by her "one night stand" in the bar's dingy bathroom and yet—

"Positive," she whispered as she slumped onto her bed, an outstretched hand easily snatches the small stick from her weak clutch. "It's fucking positive."

"Oh Sakura— I told you to have fun, but I didn't mean this much fun. What have you done?"

"It can't be real. It just can't be."

Her roommate scooted closer, placing the stick on the bed next to them, to wrap a comforting arm around her friend's shoulders. "I...I think it's time to make an appointment with Tsunade." Sakura sighed and leaned over to rest her head on Ino's shoulder, closing her eyes to try and force the hot, angry tears from falling

"...I think you're right."

.
.
.

"Don't worry. I can't get pregnant."

'Famous last words...', she thinks as she stumbles into her apartment... tossing her keys on the table next to the door before kicking off her shoes. 'I wish I could drink, but that's what got me into this fucking mess in the first place.'

She cursed herself again as she pulled a water bottle from the refrigerator and moved to sit at the counter top in front of her unopened computer. She flipped it up before turning it on and took a large sip of her drink, but her mind began to wander as she waited to type in her password. She had spoken those words to her hot "one-night stand" during her "divorce-cation" (as Ino called it), to reassure him when the condom he had hastily slipped on broke. After all... one of the reasons her marriage ended is that she was unable to conceive a child. Her fucking ex blamed her repeatedly for it, as a harsh reminder of why she was such a failure as a wife and woman.

But now—

Her stomach turned sickeningly as she remembered her conversation with Tsunade, her doctor. It wasn't a pleasant one.

"You must have checked it wrong, doctor; taken the wrong sample. Please, run the test again!"

"Sakura, listen to me," Tsunade said sternly as she placed her clipboard on the counter. "I have done this a thousand times, so I know what I'm doing. I'm never wrong. You are, in fact, pregnant. We just need to do a few more tests and an ultrasound to confirm, but I can assume, based on your missed period, you're around 7 weeks."

"B-but—"

"I'll set you up for an appointment to do the ultrasound...as soon as possible," the doctor said dismissively. "Here," she ripped a small piece of paper off her clipboard and handed it to the still flabbergasted pinkette. "Take this paper up to the pharmacy on your way out today. It's a prescription for both the morning sickness pills and some of those prenatal vitamins. Good luck, Sakura. Oh... and congratulations."

The sharp intonation of her computer coming to life jerked her back to reality and she quickly typed in her passwords before running back in her mind the fuzzy images she was in search of; the strange, but somehow familiar, insignia on her one-night stand's wrist. 'An Uchiwa fan,' she pondered while she began to scroll down the page she was currently investigating. 'No wonder it looked so familiar. They're one of the largest lawyer companies out there right now.' She grew slightly lightheaded at the thought and gripped onto the counter for support; her eyes growing wide and her jaw going slack as the information began to slowly sink in.

"Oh my god... I FUCKED AN UCHIHA!?!" Then another thought— 'But which one?'

She continued to scroll, coming across picture after picture of the Uchiha company employees and after eliminating all but two of them as her possible one-night stand, she finally came to the conclusion that she had to dig just a little bit deeper to find the truth. "So, it's between Itachi Uchiha and his brother, Sasuke. But which one has the tattoo!?! Ahh, I found it...," she exclaimed excitedly as she came across a photo that showed a bare hint of the tattoo she recollected from her slightly hazy memory. The distinct tattoo was as unmistakable as his eyes; black as the night sky... just as she remembered.

She became giddy almost as she scrolled through more and more photos of the devilishly handsome stranger, but when she went to search further, an article caught her eye and so she opened it... only to have her belly constrict into unnatural knocks just seconds later. The article, which was published only a few hours ago, was titled:

"Suna's Hottest Couple FINALLY Due to Tie the Knot"

In the attached photo was none other than Sasuke Uchiha himself, and on his arm was the all too familiar face of the most famous superstar to date, Akari. At that moment, her heart sank into the pit in her stomach. 'My baby daddy is... famous and engaged. What do I do now?'

.
.
.

Basically, this is the idea for this one if continued or turned into a full fic:

Sakura doesn't believe that she can get pregnant, so when she has a "one night stand" with a random stranger, in the bathroom of a local bar (to ease the pain of another failed relationship)... she is shocked with the painful reality that she indeed can get pregnant. Sakura looks him up online, remembering the family crest tattooed on his left wrist and finds out its Sasuke Uchiha, famous lawyer of Uchiha Co. & apparently, he just got engaged to the famous superstar, Akari.

Sasuke Uchiha does go through with their wedding, but is always doubtful that he made the right decision. His family pushed it, but he isn't truly happy with Akari and feels like something is missing. Instead of confronting his feelings... Sasuke just spends more time working and on work trips, traveling to avoid spending any sort of quality time with his new bride... his mind and dreams are always plagued by the woman from the bar.

Then, when Sakura's divorce goes awry, she decides she needs help or she will lose everything to her greedy ex. In comes Sasuke and when they meet, sparks will fly again. But will she be brave enough to tell him about their baby?

(I want to reiterate that Sasuke met Sakura BEFORE he even started a relationship with Akari. Their relationship moved FAST! So basically, together one month before his family pushed for him to propose and feeling pressured, he did. In Sakura's case, her divorce was finalized, but her ex somehow turned the tables on her & is attempting to leave her with nothing; which is why she needs Sasuke's help. It turns out her ex is the one who can't conceive a child...not her.)