25

We got on the ship to go to Thanos' home world, Titan. I sat next to Loki and didn't move the whole time. We held each other's hands tightly, worried that we may indeed lose each other again. While we were en route, Quill briefed us on the stones. There were six--Power, Soul, Space, Time, Reality, and Mind. Thanos had just acquired the reality stone, and he already had the space and power stones. Three down, three to go. "If he gets another stone, he'll be too powerful to stop," Quill said.
"He already is."
Everyone looked at Loki, who spoke for the first time since the battle on Knowhere. "You really didn't think that he wasn't too powerful when he was traveling to Knowhere? When he got the second stone?" Loki laughed in disbelief. I grabbed his arm as he stood. "No, stop it! They need--"
"Loki, enough. You need rest, you've been through Hel and back."
The guardians looked at me and Loki as he collapsed back in the chair. I waved them off. "Mantis, come here, please," I quietly asked her. She walked over to where we were and I whispered to her, "I need you to make him sleep please. Otherwise he'll never sleep." She nodded and placed a gentle hand on his forehead. "Sleep..." He relaxed in the chair, falling asleep. I thanked her and she walked away. I kissed Loki's temple and bid him goodnight. I too soon fell asleep.
Not long after, we woke up to the noises of people attacking the ship. Loki immediately jumped in front of me with a sword he conjured. Quill had his gun to a teenager who did not look in fact very harmful. "Everyone stay where you are! Chill the eff out!" He yelled to everyone on the ship. "Now I'm going to ask you this one time. Where is Gamora?" He asked the teen. A man who looked suspiciously like the Iron Man asked, "I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?" Drax, who was pinned down by the Iron Man lookalike, growled, "I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora?!"
"You don't wanna tell me where she is that's fine! I'll kill all three of you and beat it out of Thanos myself, starting with you!" He pointed his gun even harder to the teen. Iron Man lookalike yelled, "Let's do it! You shoot my guy I'll blast him let's go!"
"Do it Quill, I can take it!"
Mantis whined, "No, Quill, he can't take it!" I laughed at this and the Iron Man lookalike pointed his gun at me. Loki summoned an orb of magic and said, "I don't think so, Stark!" Stark...oh, shit. That's really Iron Man. Iron Man lowered his gun a bit and sighed, "Fine I won't hurt her. I'm confused as to the relationship here, what is she, your ward?"
"Are you as stupid as you are arrogant? She's my girlfriend!"
The entire ship went silent. Another man who I recognized as Strange summoned some orange sparkly magic. He said to Quill, "Which master do you serve?"
"What master do I serve, what am I supposed to say Jesus?"
Iron Man scoffed and asked, "You're from Earth?" Quill shook his head and replied, "Nah I'm from Missouri."
"Yeah that's on Earth dipshit, what are you hassling us for?!"
"Yeah--wait who are you?"
"We're the Avengers, man!" The teen said. "You're the ones Thor told us about!" Mantis said. "You know Thor!" Iron Man gasped. "Yeah," I replied, "he's my best friend."
"So you're not with Thanos?"
"With Thanos? Wha--no! I'm here to kill Thanos! He took my girl!"
Everyone backed off and got out of the ship. Loki did not ease up on his grip as we walked out. I gasped softly as I saw where we were at. Titan, Thanos' home world. "This planet is five degrees off its axis, the gravitational pull is all over the place," Quill said, using some sort of device. Mantis jumped in the air and floated around. Glad they were having a good time, I was terrified as fuck. Iron Man, or I guess I should call him Tony, briefed us on a plan to defeat Thanos, but the team wasn't really having it. "I'm sorry, are you bored?" Tony was quite offended.
"Dude. Having a plan isn't really their thing. We just kinda wing it."
I sighed as Tony and Quill argued about said plan and then looked to the side. "Hey Tony?" I asked. "What?"
"Does your wizard friend always do that?"
I looked and saw Strange levitating and twisting his head around in unnatural directions. "Strange, we okay?" He asked. He didn't respond. Tony went up to him and tapped him. I heard him say that out of 14,000,065 outcomes we win one of those outcomes. I grasped Loki's hand tighter and closed my eyes. "What happens now?" I asked him.
"Now we wait for him."