Chapter Ten

TRIGGER WARNING: SH and daddy issues. Please skip this chapter if you get triggered easily. I don't want people to hurt themselves because of something I wrote. Please read disclaimer at the end of this chapter.

DAD?!" I practically yelled into my phone. Hey. We haven't talked in a while. my dad said. I couldn't believe it. "We haven't talked in a while? Dad, you left me and mom 6 years ago... and now all of a sudden I'm famous and you call me out of nowhere?" I shot back. I could feel tears streaming down my face. Y/n. I know, I've made my mistakes. But now, I'm ready to be a part of your life. I was so frustrated with him. What the fuck, who does he think he is? "Okay dad, I don't know who gave you the right to just come back into my life after not talking to me for 6 years. But that is fucked up. You are one fucked up person. Don't even call yourself a dad. You're the farthest thing from it. I loved you. You didn't. And so I learned how to live without you loving me or mom. I felt so fucked up, thinking that it was my fault that you decided to leave one night. You're no dad to me, and you NEVER will be." I said as I hung up.

I threw my phone across the room, crying. I sat down on my bed, thinking of how fucked up everything is. I got a bl*de out of my bag and went into the bathroom. As I was about to c*t myself, the door banged open. It was Miguel. Shit.

"Y/n, what are you doing? What happened? Are you okay?" He asked me. I dropped the bl*de onto the counter and ran into his arms, crying. "Hey... Y/n... It's okay shhh..." He said rubbing my back as he hugged me. We stood there for a while, him just holding me in his arms. As I pulled away, he asked, "Y/n... if you don't mind me asking... what happened?" I sighed as I told him the whole story about my dad. 

He never loved me or showed any emotion to me in my whole life. On the night of my 8th birthday, he left. He didn't leave a note, just took his stuff, and left. I kept thinking that it was my fault, that I was the reason he left. My mom slowly fell into a depression after that. Luckily she got out of it, but it left a mark on both our lives. And all of a sudden he called me, and said he wanted to be my father again.

As I told him the story, I could see his heart genuinely break. He looked down at the ground and then at me and asked, "Y/n, what were you going to do to your arm? Why was there a bl*de in your hand?" I sighed and told him. "I was.. planning to s3lf h*rm." I said quietly. His eyes filled with tears. He hugged me and didn't let go for a very long time. 

"Y/n." He finally said. "Please don't do that. It breaks my heart and I know that it might be hard to refrain from s3lf h*rming, but please. Don't do this to yourself." "I won't Miguel." After a minute he said, "Y/n did you do anything to your arm?" "No not right now." I replied. He stared at me. "What do you mean, not right now?" Shit. Shit. Shit. It was time to tell him. "I've had a s3lf h*rm addiction since I was 11. I'm almost a year clean now, but the scars haven't faded. I promise I won't do it again." 

I never would have thought that I would see Mikey cry the way he was right now. I hugged him and told him that I would never do it again, for him. He smiled and kissed me. "Y/n, I love you." He said. I smiled and said, "I love you too, Miguel." 

(I understand that this chapter can be VERY triggering to people, so please practice self care after reading things like this. I am not supporting or encouraging self harm in any way, shape, or form. I love you all and I don't want anybody to hurt themselves. Please be safe! <3)