Breaking The Chains

Warnings: drinking, drugs, irresponsible driving, swearing

Summary: Reader’s recent revelations forces them to ask for the help of Mr Harrington, forcing the reader to make a big decision regarding the tour coming to an end and their relationship with the band.

You jump out of bed and reach for your phone.

"Wait…wha-" Eddie snatches the phone from you, "What are you doing? Have you lost your mind? No one's gonna answer you at 3:37am because you had a weird dream." He stands up on the bed so the phone is well out of your reach.

You tense your lips together and try to climb him to get at your phone, "Mr Harrington will. I guarantee it."

Eddie can't deal with this rude awakening of half information he's being bombarded with. "STOP IT!!" he screeches at you, shutting his eyes and gritting his teeth, as he bats your hands away.

You drop back to the bed and genuinely pout at him.

"Jesus Christ!" He says in annoyance, and sighs in exasperation.

"Have you calmed down now? Can you explain to me, why you think calling Steve Harrington at nearly 4am because you had a bad dream, is a good idea?" Eddie gestures at himself.

"Yes," you mumble, "To both questions. If you'll actually listen and not just go back to sleep," you say glumly.

"Oh believe me dear, I am *wide awake* right now," he says with a false smile on his face.

He looks down at you, tuts, rolls his eyes and caves in "I'm gonna sit right here, and listen, ok?" He places himself next to you.

You get up from the bed and begin pacing around whilst talking to him, "Ok so I need the guitar, but we can't get in to get the guitar, because it's guarded, right? But you used a guitar before to make a gate, to grab your old guitar, right?"

"Yes, but I knew exactly where the guitar was, because I heard it, sweetheart. I don't know where exactly this one is. I’ve looked so many times."

"Yes, but Mr Harrington does, he always used to get it for me when…..wh…when I'd b-behaved," there is a small stutter in your words as you try to force the words out, remembering your cell.

Eddie frowns deeply for a few seconds, but then adds as gently as he can, "Steve isn't just going to go get it for us, babe."

"We don't need him to get it, Eddie. We just need him to strum it."

Eddie stops for a moment, like he's actually contemplating this, looking up at you from the mass of bedhead hair. "Ok let's say he does do that, and I make the gate, and we get the guitar. They'll know it's gone. I only got away with it before, because I would put it back."

"Do you have any idea how many replicas have been made of that guitar? I've been playing one for the last week. There are only two people in the world that I know of, that can tell the difference, and they're in this room."

"Huh," he says in a sort of acceptance, but he's trying desperately to be the realist here, "Right ok, so we have a plan of extraction, and I understand the connection with our guitars, she called to you. What I'm struggling to understand is why now?"

"Ok, but you have to just listen alright? iIt's gonna sound crazy, ok, but believe me when I say I know these are not just dreams Eddie. They are so vivid. Like, I feel them." You pace quicker as your speaking increases with speed.

"The first dream I didn't think anything of, I thought it was my stupid brain mixing up reading books and real life. I'm this woman or girl, I don't know, I can't see her. She collects herbs or something, the town doesn't like her. She sees this guy, right? And she likes him, like instantly, and he looks like you, Eddie, kinda, but old timey, shorter hair, but not exactly the same. A resemblance. He's Irish...I think."