Chapter 3 Nothing like before

Lucas squeezed my hand, causing me to glance at him. He smiled brightly exposing his green braces.

" Children!" Mrs. Johnson yelled out.
Kenzie and Julissa ran to where their mother was. lucas and I followed them.

" There's one last person I want you guys to meet." Mr. Johnson said grinning.

"Taylor!" Mrs. Johnson yelled loudly.

A tan figure walked out of a room coming down the stairs, he was wearing black jeans a white shirt, and a red flannel along with white vans.

He walked down the brown stair case slowly while typing on his phone. He looked up and locked his eyes with mine, he tucked his phone into the front pocket of his jeans not breaking the stare.

"Asia, lucas this is Taylor." Mrs. Johnson said.

"Hey.." Taylor spoke nervously waving awkwardly and rubbing the nape of his neck.

He walked over to lucas, and shook his small hand.

Then he came towards me and shook my hand softly and slowly starring into my hazel eyes. My stomach started doing this weird thing when he shook my hand.

"Taylor." he said wanting to know my name.

"Asia." I said in almost a whisper.

"Nice to meet you two." Taylor said smiling a bit but big enough to expose his pearly whites, and walked back up the stairs.
Lucas responded for the both of us. And nudged me.

What? I asked glaring at him.
"You like him." he said smirking and dragging the 'I' in like.

"I do not! He's basically our brother Lucas!" I whisper yelled giving him a strong glare.

"Mkay, whatever you say Asia" he said and Walked away.

I don't like him I don't even know him. Do I like him? Is it weird if I do?
I thought to myself as Oliver tapped my shoulder.

"Asia, Mrs. Johnson would like to show you your new room." he said leaving his hand on my shoulder.

" It's up stairs honey, follow me." she said smiling at me and quickly turning away.
I followed her as I was told to.
When we got up the brown stair case I was surrounded by white walls I looked around and saw about 4 or 5 more doors.
" This is your new room sweet heart." Mrs. J said sweetly as she opened the door.

I gasped when I saw the room.

The walls were grey and soft looking.
There was a twin sized bed with plain white sheets, a white desk with a spinning chair. There were lamps on the end tables beside the bed, a black rug complementing the polished hardwood floor.

The room was plain but very roomy and it was the best room I've ever had.

"There's not much, but I was hoping we could go shopping for the room so you'll get to pick what you like." Mrs. Johnson said smiling.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Johnson!"
I said excitedly.

"Oh please, call me Melissa." she said laying a hand on my shoulder."

"Thank you, Melissa" I said once again, but saying Melissa instead.

She just smiled.

"Oh my gosh!" I heard a little voice say with excitement.

I ran out the room knowing who the voice belonged to... Lucas.

He ran out the same time as I did and jumped into my arms hugging me tightly.

"Asia.. I'm so happy" he spoke softly, letting a small tear escape from his eyes.

"So am I luke." I said calling him by his nickname.

"It's like nothing before.."
He said, he was now crying.

"I know." I responded, wiping the tears from his cheeks.

Letting a tear escape from my eyes.

I was actually happy.