Chapter 5 Visit us soon?

The time came where Oliver had to leave us here in our new foster home and go help others in need since we weren't his only "clients".

"Alright kids, I have to go now."
Oliver spoke in a low tone not making eye contact with neither lucas and i.

"Bye Oliver, thank you for everything you've done today." I said with a toothy smile.

"Will you visit us soon?" Lucas asked oliver.

"Yeah, I'll be here every two weeks."
He said slowly smiling.

Oliver has been our only social worker from the start, Oliver kind of felt like he was our family.

"See you soon kiddos." he spoke sadly only this time looking at lucas and i.

We went up to hug him.

"Bye Oliver." Lucas and I both spoke out.

He returned the goodbye and with that he walked out the door.

****
"Hey honey"
Melissa said opening the door to my new room, interrupting the conversation Lucas and I were having.

"Oh, hey"
I said looking up at her.

"So I was wondering maybe all of us can go shopping for whatever you guys might need for your rooms, school, or clothes." she said excitedly smiling brightly.

I forgot that we were going to be enrolling into a new school, at least it's the beginning of the year.

"Sure." Lucas and I both shared responses.

"Alright then let's head out, everyone else is already in the van."
she said gesturing towards the front door.

As we all walked out the front door, I felt a vibrate in my hand as I got into the van and realized it was my phone. I got a text message, it was from Avan.
I slid my finger across the screen and typed in my password.

-Avan
Hey Aj, tried texting luke but got no response everything okay? Hoping to FaceTime or talk on the phone tonight. love you guys please respond asap.

Aj was the nickname avan and Luke gave me considering my name was Asia Jai.

"Boyfriend?" Taylor asked referring to who I was texting.

"Were you snooping at my messages?"
I asked annoyingly.

"No, just saw you texting so was that your boyfriend?" He asks again.

"No just my brother." I responded so he would stop asking.

"But he's literally right next to you."
He says a bit confused.

Not Lucas, I have another brother.

"Oh?" He responded more like he was asking a question.
" Why don't I know about him."

"Because okay? I'll tell you when we get home." I responded a little annoyed.

****

"Mommy!!" Kenzie spoke in her Tiny voice.

"Yes Mckenzie?" Melissa asked.
"Can we go back? I forgot Mr. snuggles." she asked politely.

I thought Mckenzie and Julissa were the most adorable little girls I've ever seen.

"I'm sorry Kenzie, but no we're already near the store." Melissa added.

"Okay.." Mckenzie responded sadly looking down at her tiny hands.

As we approached the store I've never seen before, Nathaniel parked and we all climbed out of the grey roomy van.

The boys and girls all went different directions once we got into the store that went by the name of Joans.

"So Asia, do you need any clothes or school supplies?" Melissa kindly asked.

Yeah I actually do. I responded.

After we all were finished shopping we left with a trunk full of our separate purchases, and went to eat dinner at a Italian restaurant near by.