46- Beta

What's everyone's favourite animal?
Mine a racoon 🥺
----------------

"So how is this going to work exactly?" George asks looking between James and Wilbur.

"Don't ask me, I'm only here for the entertainment" Wilbur says sitting back on the sofa, getting comfortable.

"Step one of being a Beta is that you need to look like one" James says "We can get Karl to lend you some clothes, you too seem to be similar sizes and I'm sure he won't mind"

"I'll ask him later" George nods.

"Next your scent. You can use scent blockers and a perfume maybe" James says.

"The most important thing we have to work on is the acting" James says.

"Can I not just be myself, who would know?" George shrugs rubbing his arm.

"That. That right there" James says grabbing George's arms putting them to his side. "Stand up straight and lift your head more. No more looking at the ground. I want direct eye contact when you speak to me"

"B-but tha-"

"No. You want to be useful to Dream don't you?" James states.

"Yes" George sighs meeting James's eyes with much reluctance.

"Good" James smiles. "The best way to look confident is to pretend you are"

"He's right. Your posture is the biggest part" Wilbur adds.

"Okay" George mumbles fixing his posture.

"Perfect" James says "now I think the best way is to throw situations at you and see how you react"

"Go for it" George says trying to maintain his confidence.

"That's the spirt" Wilbur cheers.

~2 hours later~

"Thank you" George says taking the drinks off the lady before walking back to Wilbur and James.

"Yooo you did it!" James cheers nudging George's shoulder.

"She thought you was a regular beta" Wilbur smiles.

"You think I'm ready?" George smiles in pride.

"No. Honestly this is a longshot, your so unapologetically you" Wilbur shakes his head.

"I feel like I should be offended" George questions.

"You seem like an innocent little bean is all" James says.

"You and your beans" Wilbur mumbles rolling his eyes.

"There is nothing wrong with beans fuck off" James defends.

"Look" Wilbur points changing the subject.

They turn seeing Dream and Sapnap talking. They walk over.

"Remember to act like a beta" James says "don't ruin what we did just because your with your Alpha"

George nods.

"There you are, we was just about to come find you" Dream smiles.

"We've been working hard" James smiles.

"Have you got the rest of the plan ready?" George asks.

"Yeah, and a backup if not everything goes right" Sapnap says.

"YO!" A voice screams getting closer.

"Tommy chill out your too loud" Wilbur rolls his eyes.

"Shut it big man" Tommy grumbles. "What are you guys doing talking without me"

"We're talking about a mission" Sapnap says.

"Ooooo what's my role!" Tommy says excited.

"Sorry Tom but we don't need many people" Wilbur says.

"Awe come on! I can help!" He begs.

Wilbur sighs looking at Dream. Dream just shrugs, making Wilbur turn back to Tommy "fine but you'll stay by my side the entire time, and you won't say a word"

"You drive a hard bargin but deal!" Tommy smiles. "So what we doin'"

"We're playing poker" Dream says simply.

"Huh? Sounds lame" Tommy says confused.

"Only to get to Quackity's private table" George laughs lightly.

"Now your talking my language gogs" Tommy says  Intrigued at the mention of Quackity's name.

"Don't get too excited Tom, you and I are only gonna be there for backup" Says Wilbur.

"I can't help it I've never been inside his casino before! Well I've never been to any casino before" Tommy shrugs.

"Be ready because it's happening tonight" Dream says.

"Tonight?" George asks.

"Yeah, no point waiting around" Dream nods.

"That's true I guess I should go to Karl then" George mumbles "Sap do you know where he is?"

"Wha- I why do you think I know where he is" Sapnap says his face turning a subtle shade of red.

George just smiles knowingly waiting for an answer.

Sapnap clesrs his throat looking away "He's in his room"

"Thank you" George smiles walking off.

"I'll find you later to go over the plan" Dream says to the others following behind George.

They get to Karl's room and knock on the door.

He opens and smiles seeing the two "Hey what are you doing here"

"Karl would you mind if I borrowed some of your clothes?" George asks.

"Yeah of course, come in. What for?" Karl asks stepping aside letting them both in.

"The mission, I need to appear as a Beta so James thought I shouldn't wear my own clothes" George explains.

"Makes sense" Karl nods. "If your going to a casino we need to get you something smart. "Karl says walking to his wardrobe.

He pulls out a white shirt and black jeans.

"This is probably the best I've got" he says handing them to George.

"It's perfect thank you" George smiles.

"Karl" Dream says getting both the others attention.

They turn seeing Dream holding up a jumper with a smirk. "This jumper smells like Sapnap's"

"I-" Karl froze, his face turning bright red.

George and Dream burst out laughing.

Karl rushes over grabbing the jumper from Dream "he gave it to me because I was cold that's all!" Karl defends himself embarrassed.

"Awe that's adorable" George smiles.

"I'm not saying a word. Now come on George I haven't had you to myself since this morning" Dream says walking out the room.

"Dream wha-" George flushes looking between the two. Karl laughs watching George rush out of the room behind Dream.