Winterwatcher

This story is a request by @invisigerb25. It brushes a slight touchy topic of depression, but not too much. Remember, none of my stories are potentially harmful in any way. Also remember, you must respect other peoples opinions. If you don't agree with Winterwatcher, just make a request for a different ship. These are people's opinions and ideas, so you must show respect to others.

--------------------

Moonwatcher sat in the Great Hall, witching the, well, moons. (Duh). She lay down, sighing. Her life was supposed to be perfect. She no longer had any terrible visions, she had a boyfriend, she was still best friends with the original Jade Winglet, but she didn't feel like it was perfect. She felt empty. A tear slowly rolled down her cheek, making her scales tingle in a weird sensation.
Qibli walked into the mail hall yawning.
"Hey Moon. What are you doing up so late?"
"Oh, hey Qibli. I couldn't sleep."
"Want to talk about it? Is there another prophecy that needs me to heroically jump in and save the day," he said while puffing out his chest proudly, half jokingly.
Usually anything Qibli did would make Moonwatcher laugh or at least get a slight giggle, but that night, she just shook her head sadly and walked back to her sleeping cave, leaving Qibli alone and feeling worried and desperate.
The next day, Moonwatcher woke up to the sun shining brightly through the treetops above her. Wait... trees? Wasn't she just inside her sleeping cave?
Slowly, her memories came back to her. During the night, after Qibli went back to his sleeping cave, mumbling something as he walked by her cave, she snuck out of the mountain and flew, trying to release her worries. Flying through the night usually helps her let go of all her worries, but she must have not been paying attention to where she was going and crashed into a tree or something
Her head was throbbing and the light was stabbing her eyeballs out with a million tiny knives. She carefully picked herself back up, and spread her wings. Well, she tried to spread her wings, but as she extended her left wing, lightning bolts of agony zipped through her whole body.
She looked over at her left wing and her face was painted with horror as she looked over at the mangled wreck that was supposed to be a wing.
She slowly brought it back toward her body, wincing in pain the whole time. Once she folded her wing up fully, she started the long walk back to Jade Mountain. She walked in the general direction of "west," trailing along the edges of the Rainforest Kingdom.
Hour later she arrived back at the mountain, where Qibli was pacing back and forth in the main hall with a worried and irritated expression on his face. He looked over as Moonwatcher walked back in through the entrance and he let out a gasp.
"Holy MOONS! MOON! YOU HAD ME WORRIED SICK! DO YOU KNOW HOW TERRIFYING IT IS WHEN YOUR GIRLFRIEND GOES MISSING! WHAT THE HECK!"
Moonwatcher winced as Qibli let out all his frustration. He clearly had no worries about why she walked all the way here, or how her wing is absolutely mangled.
After a long rant about how Qibli felt about the whole situation, he stormed away, leaving Moonwatcher feeling even worse than before. She felt empty, alone, worthless, and worst of all, hated by someone who was supposed to be the one who helped her through this.
(two weeks later)
Ever since that day when Moonwatcher went missing, Qibli and Moon's relationship when in a sharp downward spiral. Everyday was another day of hurt for Moon and another day of anger for Qibli. Finally one day she snapped. Moon being told off again by Qibli for going off with Kinkajou without "getting permission" from Qibli. He told her that she was being the worst girlfriend in the history of girlfriends. At least, that is how it felt to her.
"MOON! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT SCARES ME WHEN YOU GO MISSING! I ALMOST DIED OF A HEART ATTACK! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!"
Moon took a very deep breath, "Qibli! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE TO CARE FOR ME! YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU GET HURT, BUT REMEMBER THAT DAY I WENT MISSING FOR HOURS! I BROKE MY WING! I GOT A CONCUSSION! WORST OF ALL, YOU OF ALL PEOPLE, IS THE ONE WHO HURT ME MOST! YOU DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT ME! I NEED TO HAVE FREEDOM TOO. BEING YOUR GIRLFRIEND DOES NOT MEAN YOU CONTROL ME! WHAT WOULD THORN THINK OF THIS! YOU KNOW WHAT! THIS IS OVER!"
With that being said, she turned around and started to storm away. She was going back to her sleeping cave and never waking up again. She just wanted to be alone. She already felt like that anyway.
Before she could get far, Qibli grabbed onto Moonwatcher's arm with the tightest grip she has ever felt. She started to lose feeling in her arm as she tried to pull away.
"Let go of me! QIBLI!"
She escaped his grip and started to run as fast as she could. Qibli jumped at her, scratching her every time he tried to get a grip on her to stop her. He finally jumped hard enough to knock her over, and he tried to pin her down on the stone floor. Moon struggled, hurting herself on accident as she wriggled around. Finally, after much effort, she slipped out from Qibli and jumped out of the mountain and flew for her life. She didn't know where, but anywhere away from Jade Mountain was best.
After about a day and a half of flying, she landed in Sanctuary. She just needed to hide. She did not want to be seen by anyone. She probably looked horrible.
She ran down an alley, tears streaming down her face from the pain that she was feeling.
She sat there for what felt like an eternity. She was alone. No one cared about her. She... was...

Worthless.

The end.

"Moon?" came a soft voice followed by a rush of cold air.
She looked up at the figure, not entirely sure who it was. There was a bright, reflective, light blue and white dragon standing looking.
He stepped into the shadow of the buildings surrounding them so she could get a better look at who it was.
"W-Winter?" Moonwatcher said roughly, struggling to breath after all of the flying and crying.
"What happened?! Can I help? Should I get... Qibli?" Winter said, struggling to say the last word.
"No!" Moonwatcher cried out, "No. I don't want to see Qibli."
"What's wrong? What happened?"
"Qibli and I got into a fight. It just seems like... He doesn't love me. I just don't... matter."
Winter growled softly deep in the back of his throat and shook his head softly.
"You matter. You matter to me more than anything," he said, slightly choking on his words.
Moon jumped up and hugged Winter fiercely.
Winter was shocked at first, but he hugged her back, laying his head on top of hers.
"Can I stay with you for a little while?"
"You can stay for as long as you want."
(One week later)
Moon stayed with Winter for about the past week. Almost all of her bruises and cuts have healed, and she has helped Winter keep track of information on scavengers. She has started to emotionally recover from the shock from the fight with Qibli.
She was currently inside Winter's house with winter talking.
Out of the blue, there came a knock from the door. Moon got up to go answer the door. She opened the solid deep brown mahogany door that Winter had at his house entrance. When the door swung inward, the dragon standing at the door was none other than Thorn's Royal Advisor. Winter jumped up from his seat, dashing toward the door. He wrapped his wing around Moonwatcher, giving her a cool sensation rushing through her scales.
Winter growled very loudly in anger toward Qibli, making him flinch, which was something Qibli would never do normally. Qibli didn't have that warm charismatic personality he usually had. He honestly looked very sad and he looked a whole lot older.
"Moon. I-I," Qibli tried saying.
"What do you want, sand snorter?" Winter asked Qibli harshly. A small burst of Frost Breath came out of his nostrils as they flared.
"I was looking for Moon. I-I came to apologize."
Winter looked down at Moon who looked from Qibli to Winter and nodded cautiously.
Winter stepped back, letting Qibli in.
"Moon. I just wanted to apologize. You were right. You are always right," Qibli said with a little chuckle to himself, "I was supposed to be there for you. I was the one who was supposed to help you. I failed my responsibility as your boyfriend. I failed as a friend. I was a jerk camel turd toad headed... sand snorted. I-I just wanted to know if... if you would come back with me. I know I messed up. I want to make it right."
After Qibli finished, there was silence. No sound came from anything. Winter looked down at Moon with an unreadable expression. Qibli had a small glimmer of hope in his eyes.
"Qibli... I-I can't. I love you and all of that, but... I have come to realize that we are probably better as friends. You just get too attached. I... I think I'm going to stay with Winter."
Qibli sighed, looking very upset, but not surprised.
"I-I understand. I just want you to know that my offer is always on the table. I also want you to know, I will never stop trying to earn your trust back. I... I'm happy that you are happy. That is my first priority. If you want to be with Winter, not like its my place to give you permission or anything, I am willing to accept that."
After a small pause. Moon walked toward Qibli, and gave him a big hug. He let himself out and flew into the horizon.