A Little Help [🍋☁️]

Requested chapter by @Julie8573
-

You had just gotten done from an extreme adventure inside the mines, desperate to find more coal. Your injuries were not in vain, as you had gotten a decent amount- enough to finish your projects. You wanted to be done because tomorrow was the Luau and you would be busy attending that rather than mining.

But your hands were slightly rubbed raw from the pickaxe and you had to walk through town with them stretched outward to avoid scraping them against your legs as you made your way to your farm. At that moment, Harvey, the doctor of Pelican Town, was walking out for fresh air after the clinic was closed.

"Oh my." His voice caused you to look up from the ground. "(Y/N), you look exhausted... and hurt." He instantly walked closer. Harvey was a taller man with a handsome mustache yet smooth face. His brown soft hair was always fixed to swoop a little over his right eye. He also stood taller than a lot of the bachelors at an easy 6'2 which complimented his handsome and structured face.

"It's nothing." You lied, straightening up. It made you embarrassed to be fussed over.

Harvey raised an eyebrow,  not believing you, but instead took your hands in his soft hands and looked at them closely. "Come inside. We'll have these looked at."

"Aren't you closed?" You asked as he walked to the door and opened the darker office.

"I also own it." He gave you an amused but shy smile, "I would really like to help you."

You instantly felt your heart swell by his captivating brown eyes staring into yours and you softly said, "okay, Harvey." He let you go inside first, standing aside, then shutting the door behind him after you walked in.

The clinic was dark and a little spooky. You flinched as the door 'clicked' and you backed into Harvey's chest.

"Oh, my apologies." He flipped a light switch and the hallway lit up. "I hope I didn't scare you." Harvey said sincerely. You followed him into one of the rooms where he had you sit on the hospital bed and he stood up, looking at your palms.

"You should take a few days off of work." Harvey said with concern in his eyes.

"I can't." You admitted, "I need to get this coop built by the end of the fall."

Harvey glanced quickly into your eyes before turning around to grab ointment. You admired his form and how straight and professional he stood. You also silently admitted how attractive it was for a doctor to be this concerned about you. Something about a 'professional' involved with a patient turned you on... but Harvey would never do that.

You caught yourself to stop staring as he turned back around with cloth and the ointment. He dabbed some on the white material and started wiping your palm. You flinched, grabbing his wrist with your other raw hand. Harvey, startled, looked at you again.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)? I'm sorry."

You loosened your hold but kept your fingers and thumb on his wrist as he worked. You eventually forgot about the pain as you focused on his face. Only when his face started reddening, did you realize he had also been glancing at you.

"S-sorry." You looked at your lap and let go of his wrist. Harvey cleared his throat nervously.

"I didn't mind you holding on." He softly said. You felt a happy thump in your stomach, as if the butterflies were trying to break out.

You reached out again and this time you gently swept your fingers over his neck to his jawline. Harvey's face remained red but he looked at you with gentleness and... lust?