Unexpected [☁️❤️]

Requested by @Julie8572

You held one hand on your stomach as you washed off the counters from last night's dinner. You were due any time and saying that things have been on edge was an understatement.  Being pregnant had put a toll on your patience; you had a shorter fuse and also hated barely being able to do farm work. Harvey, your husband, stayed up later at night to feed the animals and do as much as he could do while also maintaining his job at the clinic.

As you swept the last of the crumbs into a paper towel and thrown it away, the doctor walked in and kissed your cheek.

"Good morning, darling." He said as he poured himself a cup of coffee. You gave a small smile and leaned your back against the counter with your arms crossed. Harvey walked to the kitchen table and sat down to enjoy his drink.

"Did you get the eggs yesterday?" You asked, already knowing the answer. The eggs have been in the roost for over a week and if they weren't gotten today, some surely would've been rotten or near rotten. Harvey slowly put down his mug from his lips and adjusted his glasses.

"I... did not."

You dramatically threw a hand upwards and turned away to arrange the sponges near the sink.

"I could right now-"

"Forget it." You snapped. Harvey rubbed his forehead, slightly aggravated by your tone.

"That wasn't my fault, (Y/N). I'm not a farmer, I don't know when to-"

"Yeah well I'm carrying your son so it's kind of hard for me to get around." You said, blood boiling, and walked in the middle of the kitchen, hands on your hips. Harvey gave a small eye roll and sipped his coffee again.

"Oh yeah just sip your- AGH!" You flinched and caught yourself against the wall. Harvey jumped up and rushed to your side, holding you up slightly.

"Dear, what's wrong?" Harvey asked, "contractions." He muttered to mostly himself then grabbed your hand and around your waist to lead you in the bathroom. You let out a scream as he eased you in the bathtub. His hand slipped and you fell a bit, hitting your elbow.

"Asshole!" You snapped at your confused husband. Harvey blinked in surprised but grabbed his emergency medical bag out of the nearby cabinet and quickly took your pants off to look at what was happening. "Can we get to the... fuck.... The clinic?!" You screamed.

"(Y/N), we're too far away. We'll have to have the baby here." He said in an excited but serious tone and started to wash up to his elbows. You screamed as another painful jolt went through your body

You grabbed the curtains and flinched as your pelvis and stomach pulsed with the baby's natural pain.

"Oh fuck!" You screamed louder, "fucking help me!" You snapped at your husband.

Harvey's cheeks were flustered and he blew a shot of air up his face as he filled the tub with water a little bit to help the transition easier from womb to world.

"I'm doing all I can, darling." He ensures in a frustrated tone laced with patience. Harvey props your legs on either side of the tub, and gently kneads around your belly to feel. You hear a bottle lid pop open then he lathers something smooth and cold around your aching vagina.

"This fucking hurts!" You curse and slam your fist on the hard edge of the tub. "Oh God, Harvey..." you whimper, tears spilling out of your eyes. Your husband immediately rushed to your side and held your hand, kissing your cheek.

"It's okay, love. We'll get through this." He kissed.

Another contraction caused you to grip his hand so tight, it left small scrapes on his wrist. "Goddammit, do your job!" You screamed at him, biting your lip so hard it felt bruised immediately. Harvey sighed but let go and eased to your entrance and holding your thigh a bit farther.

"Okay, honey, it's almost... oh my." Harvey's eyes widened in excitement at the realization he was birthing his son before you let out another scream, this one loud enough Marnie probably heard.

Your vagina felt on fire and your stomach was stretching and felt like it was being melted right off your ribs. It was the worst pain ever.

"Thought he was a fucking doctor, what the fuck-"

A baby's cry interrupted your awful thoughts. Immediately, almost a switch, it felt like your world was brightened and the guilt of how you treated your husband was already building in your heart.

"He's beautiful." Harvey muttered and began cleaning him up after cutting his umbilical cord. The baby's head was topped with dark brown hair and had your nose, pink and delicate.

"My baby..." You whispered. Harvey wrapped him up in a small bundle and set the baby in your arms. Harvey wasted no time cleaning you and draining the tub. After the tub was empty, Harvey placed a towel around your ass so it wouldn't be cold and uncomfortable then he laid out fresh clothes for you later.

"Are you okay, darling?" He asked, checking you over. You grabbed his hand and pulled him over, the baby now suckling onto your breast in eagerness to eat.

"I'm so sorry..." you sobbed. "I was horrible."

Harvey blinked in surprise but kissed your forehead and rubbed your shoulder with his thumb. "You were going through a lot. I forgive you."

You smiled gratefully and tugged his tie and kissed him once he was reeled in closer. You rubbed his cheek and then both of you watched your son as his eyes fluttered open momentarily, his baby blue eyes piercing and beautiful.

"This is all I want in the world." Harvey said. "My family. I love you, (Y/N)." He put an arm around you and leaned his head against yours.

Your breath caught in your throat and you closed your eyes, "I love you too."

Harvey watched his son stop for a moment, losing grip on your bud, before smacking his tiny pink lips and reattaching himself.

"The view isn't bad either." He commented.

"Harvey!!"