003

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

goodbyes are the hardest

Juniper was walking down the road, bopping her head to the song that blasted through her walkman

Juniper was walking down the road, bopping her head to the song that blasted through her walkman. She felt at peace as the wind blew through her blonde hair, while Queen was blaring through her ears.

Tara walked over to the girl and tapped her on the shoulder, making Juniper stop her music, before putting her headphones around her neck.

"Hey, what song were you listening to?" Tara asked, wanting to know more about the girl.

"Killer Queen" Juniper said, making Tara's eyes widen.

"You like old music?" Tara asked, Juniper nodded her head in response.

"So do I" she exclaimed, making Juniper smile.

"Cool! My dad introduced me to it and I've loved it ever since" Juniper said, giving the girl a smile.

"Your dad must be one cool guy" Tara responded, bringing a sad smile onto the young blonde's face.

"Yeah, he was" she responded, facing downwards.

She walked along the road, head down now. She felt herself tear up at the reminder of what had happened to her father, but she quickly composed herself so that she wouldn't make a scene. She kicked the rocks in the road to distract herself from her thoughts because she knew that if she carried on thinking about him she would end up in tears.

She wished she could've prevented what had happened that day. She wished she could've at least pulled her father with them, to bring him to safety. She was never close with her uncle, despite him always coming round their house, demanding her father for money.

She just hoped him and Merle were both safe, wherever they were. She hoped that they'd gotten away from the herd in time, and had ended up someplace near her, so that she could find him easily. She missed him so much and would do anything just to see him again. But she knew there was a slim chance of that happening because ever since the dead began to rise her life went to shit.