Chapter 1-Brand New Start

Peeta POV
I woke up to my older brother Philip barging into the door telling me to wake up. "Hurry up, lil' bro. You're gonna be super late for school." A second later, as I was getting changed, my other brother, Drew, who was 1 year younger than me came inside my room talking to someone on a phone. I patted my pockets to see where my phone was and than I
realised that Drew was talking to someone on my phone. "Yeah Finnick, Peeta is awake and just getting changed. By the way, who's Katniss. He has bee-" I grabbed the phone off him before he could say anymore my face red with anger but a bit of embarrassment as well. "On my way Finnick," I said through the phone. I know he was about to ask what all that was about so I quickly hung up. I shot a glare at Drew than ran down the stairs and grabbed some freshly baked muffins and picked up my 2 suit cases. Katniss, Finnick and I had been accepted to a really amazing school but the problem was it was a boarding school so we had to live there. After about 5 minutes of my mum crying, hugging my brothers and father and remind my mum it was going to be alright, I found the keys of my car and headed towards Finnick's house.

Finnick POV
I can't believe that just happened. Did Drew just tell me Peeta liked Katniss. That can't be possible. Katniss is my little sister-by 2 minutes- I guess I have to have a big brother talk with Peeta now. As I heard Peeta's car pull up in the driveway Katniss came running down the stairs. I couldn't help but see sudden excitement in her eyes. It was like she was the happiest girl in the world. She turned around and saw me and her smile turned into a blank expression. It was almost as if she didn't want me here. I acted hurt for a second and she started to laugh. I walked up to the door and opened it. Peeta was standing there with a huge grin plastered on his face. He wasn't looking at me, he was looking at the person behind me. Katniss. As he walked in she gave him a hug. He was startled at first but he did hug back and I stood there awkwardly. After 5 seconds of them enjoying there hug I slightly coughed as they separated looking as happy as ever.

Katniss POV
I couldn't wait to start high school. It would be so much fun, moving into the dorms with my best friend Peeta and my brother Finnick. I had known Peeta since he was in Kinder and Finnick, well of course since I was born. Those were the only two people I knew going to Divergent Games High except for my friend I had made through Facebook, Annie. She seemed really kind and I couldn't wait to meet her.

We stepped out the door all together Peeta carrying my suit cases and Finnick carrying his own. We drove to the air port in silence and I could sense some tension coming from Peeta and Finnick. As we boarded our plane, we got to our seats. Luckily it was a three seater so we could all sit together. As Finnick quickly raced to get the middle for no reason I say down. He slightly glared at me and then Peeta. I wondered what his problem was. After putting our annoying hand bags on top of the seats we sat down and the flight took off. I was so nervous last night I barely slept. My eyes started to feel heavy and soon the darkness consumed me. I rest my shoulder on someone but I don't know who. I just know I felt safe, right here, right now.