Chapter 9

Flashback

"Go have fun with Nancy in the garden Sea". Aunt Clara said giving me a warm smile.

Aunt Clara is grandma first child and apparently my mom is the second and last child but unfortunately, I've never seen her before.

Aunt Clara and her daughter Nancy are very nice people. They always come during Christmas time to check up on grandma and I with lot of gifts for me.

I understand why its only once at the time of year they could come visit because I know the distance from my aunt who live in California and my grandma and I who lives in Texas isn't enjoyable so I make sure I enjoy my time with them.

"Sure aunt". The four year old me said feeling elated that I'll be with Nancy.

"That's a good girl".  She smiled ruffling my hair . "Grandma and I will just be in the kitchen making cookies for you both when you're done".

"Yah!!!" Nancy and I chants as we leave for the garden.

Nancy is two years older than me but at this time, she was six and I was four and Nancy seems to care alot for me then infact she'll even cry when its time for them to return to California.

"You know Nancy". I started immediately we got to the garden. "Some boys bullied me at school saying I'm ugly because my front tooth is out do you also thinks I'm ugly?" I asked her feeling sad.

"No". She said shaking her head. "You're so pretty Sea I guess those boys are just jealous because they are stuck with their milk teeth but you my dear you're about to grow your permanent ones and they are jealous of you. When next they make fun of you, just smile at tell them and tell them they are jealous because of your development and  that you pity there lack of development. If they continue to laugh then you can tell them you're very much available to help them get rid of their milk teeth by giving each of them a hard punch in their mouth." Nancy finishes.

"Really?"

"Yes, that's how I dealt with boys in my class who made fun of me when my front tooth was out but.......... the stupid principal called my mom tho but it was fun punching them anyway."  She smiled at the memory.

"I wish I can be brave as you." I told.

"You don't need it, I'll always be here to protect you." She smiled.

"Thank you". I told her

"Come let me do some magic to your hair to make you look more beautiful than you already are." Nancy said cutting flowers and putting it in my hair.

"Now you look alot more beautiful!" She said when she was done.

"Thank you Nancy!" I beamed. "I'll go show aunt and grandma." I told her running towards the kitchen but stopped when I didn't hear her coming along.

"Ain't you coming?" I asked her.

"No, i'll just wait here for you." She smiled. I gave a quick smile too before going for the kitchen.

I was about to show off my beautiful hair to them when I saw them crying. Their backs were turned to me preventing them from seeing me. I stood there tho in front of the kitchen watching them and wondering what was making them cry. I was about to ask them when aunt Clara spoke up.

"How many more time do you have left with us mom?" She asked her voice shaking.

"Just two months Clara. I don't know how Sea is going to cope without me but I trust you and Kelvin (aunt's husband) to take care of  her when I'm gone." Grandma said with sadness evident in her voice.

Gone? Where is my grandma going and why wouldn't she want to take along?

"Why didn't you tell me earlier about the cancer?" Aunt asked.

"Tell you and what? you'll start stressing yourself? No. I found out at the last stage and there's nothing anybody can do about it anymore, the doctors already did their best."

"But still mom" Aunt wasn't convinced. "You should have told Kelvin and I and we would have save up money to take you to a specialist or something."

"No Clara, just listen to me and help me fulfill my last wish. Help me take care of Sea that's all I ask, that poor girl has being through alot in life already and I don't want her to suffer when I'm gone so please help fulfill this dying old woman's wish please."

"I promise mom, I'll take good care of Sea. You have my word."

"Why do aunt have to take care of me grandma? And where are you going? I'll love to come with."  I voiced out making them turn to look at me.

"Oh my sweetest baby." Grandma said giving me a smile but it looked forced. "I'm not going anywhere, your aunt and I was just... "

"But I hear both of you saying you're leaving grandma."

"It was nothing sweetheart." It was aunt this time. "We're just acting" she said giving me a smile which also looked forced.

"But I saw you two crying". I protested looking at my grandma but I couldn't find her eyes since she suddenly got interested in her shoes.

"That because its part of the acting." Aunt spoke up making me remove my gaze from grandma. "Your grandma and I are taking a role in a movie that is coming up soon and we are just having rehearsal so we could give the director a great shot." Aunt finished having me totally convinced.

"Really!?" I asked excited. "So you'll be a movie star grandma?". I look at her.

"Yes dear". She told me.

"Wow!! that's good new grandma, don't worry when the movie is released, I will be your greatest fan and I promise to watch it everyday!".  I shout out happy.

"Thank you dear." She pulled my cheeks playfully.

"Go ahead with the rehearsal!"I told them. "I will go share the good news with Nancy". I told them leaving the kitchen.

But it wasn't long before I realized it was all a lie, they weren't acting, its damn reality.

Two months passed by quickly and grandma died. I moved from Texas to California with my aunt and uncle where I officially became their daughter after they legally adopted me and told me there's no reason calling them uncle and aunt anymore  but I should call them mom and dad instead and I guess that's how Nancy's dilemma started.

                    End of flashback

"Hey ocean!" A voice called out immediately I pull myself from the past.

A/N: guys this Is another chapter. I Typed and publish as Fast As I could and I think I deserve some luv😊 pls show it by voting voting commenting, it'll really make my day. 

luv y'all ❤❤❤

CIAO