Chapter 10

"Ryan?"

"Yeah that's me. Nice to meet you." He smiled extending his hand for an handshake which I clearly ignored.

"Wait, ocean?"

"Yup that's you." He answered this time forcefully taking my hand and shaking it.

"I'm pretty sure that's not my name." I glared at him withdrawing my hand as fast as I could.

"Yeah but I can't call you Sea now can i? when the amount of tears you've shred is worth an ocean. Calling you Sea is just downgrading."

I rolled my eyes at his comment. "I'm not crying".

"Says the girl with a puffy bloodshot eyes and a red nose. Oh my, you've got mucous coming too. That's a good way to convince someone don't you agree?"

"Yes I agree, a way to convince an idiot". I reach for the handkerchief he was holding lazily in his hand to wipe up my mess.

"I was going to offer you if you had just waited".

"Well you were taking too long to."

"Whatever". He said. "So... since I'm not an idiot and...... "

"I'm not too sure about that". I interrupted him.

"Hey!, don't call me idiot!" He warned.

"What are you doing here?" I asked not having the energy to argue with right now.

"On this field?"

No on the mountain. I rolled my eyes.

Yes, I had gone to the field after leaving the house. I couldn't bring myself to go to Abi since I don't want to be a burden to him anymore either.

"Let me remind you that this field is not only meant for you to use, I came to do stuffs here". Ryan continued to rant. "But then I found you crying which you said 'you're not' but I don't believe since I'm not an 'idiot' so I came to help since I'm not cold hearted". He finally finished.

"I'm not actually crying dullard".

"No you're not." He nodded sarcastically.

"What!? I said I'm not!"

"Well I didn't say anything to dispute your words did I? I just nodded in agreement."

I searched his face to see any form sarcasm but he did a good job hiding it since I found non. "Good" I told him.

"Doesn't it hurts?" He suddenly asked.

"What?"

"Too much lying". I stared at him for sometime. I know he's doing all this so I can tell him what is wrong but if I'm willing to keep this from Abi, I certainly will never tell Ryan.

"I hope you're not into drug dealing?" I ask changing the topic.

"Drugs? how does that even correspond with what we are saying?"

"Of course it does. You're the one who told me you're here for stuffs and I wonder what kind of stuff . I figured it might be drugs since your face doesn't look innocent to make me assume you can do decent things and that's why I asked in case this is your spot for your other drug dealers to exchange." Good Sea. You've gotten a perfect way to divert his attention.

"I'm not into drugs. Happy? Now tell me why you're crying."

Shit

"I need to go". I said getting up from the spot I've being sitting.

"If you don't want to tell me its fine but at least let me help by making you feel better" He offered.

I checked the time and it was 7:15 PM. I know Nancy's parents will be worried by now since I'm sure they would have discovered I'm not in my room anymore and I do not want to be back in that house yet so......