10

2 months later—February 17, 2022

Donovan
It's been 2 months since Rayna have been in a coma and it's been the longest two months of my life. I've been spending every day here with her I even got her some flowers and balloons on Valentines Day. I let out a yawn and rubbed her now protruding belly she's officially 14 weeks.

"Ray baby please wake up this have been the longest two months of my life. I miss you baby I can't go on without you by my side. Just please wake up baby please."

I said a prayer and yawned once more before I closed my eyes. About 10 minutes later I felt Rayna hand twitch. I quickly popped up looking at Rayna.

"Ray baby are you trying to wake up and come back to me," I asked.

Rayna hand twitched in mine once more.

"Come on Ray baby wake up."

I watched as Rayna eyes flutter then finally open I didn't waste no time with paging the nurse.

"She's woke nurse Bridget."

Nurse Bridget walked over to Rayna I stepped back as she excessed Rayna then she removed the tubes and gave her some water.

Dr. Gordon walked in and spoke with Rayna then he left out along with nurse Bridget.

"Hey Donny."

"Hey baby."

I sat next to Rayna hand and I kissed her hand.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too and I heard everything you said."

"You did."

"Yeah and I love you too."

I smiled.

"How far along am I now?"

"Just turned 14 weeks the OB has been monitoring the baby."

Rayna nodded.

"Are you excited?"

"I am I can't wait for him/her to get here."

"Me too."

"Are you really?"

"Yes I am."

"Have you talked to my parents?"

"I did and they're pulling us out of the game."

"What?"

"Yep your pops said it wasn't up for a discussion your ex was after you for one reason and that was Cartier Cartel your pops shut everything down."

"That's right," Mr. Roderick spoke.

"But da-," he cut Rayna off.

"Rayna what was the one rule you promised me when we had the talk once me and your mama got back from our trip," he asked.

"If anything were to happen to me you'll pull me out of the game and shut Cartier Cartel down."

"Exactly and this little nigga got to you and hurt you, which hurt the entire family including Donovan. You're pregnant now so it's time for everyone to start over and start new."

"Yes sir."

"Now what did the doctor say?"

"They're going to release me in a couple hours that's if I can walk on my own."

"Okay."

There was a knock at the door and nurse Bridget walked in.

"Alright Rayna are you ready?"

"Yes."

"Nurse Bridget you mind if I help Rayna."

"Go ahead."

I nodded and pulled the covers back on Rayna I brought her legs to the side of the bed.

"Brace yourself baby Ima lift you up slowly."

"Okay."

I slowly lifted Rayna out of the bed she wrapped her arms around me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah can we just stand here so I can get my balance," she asked.

"Sure baby."

We stood for a few minutes then we slowly made our way out of her room and down the hall.

Couple hours later

Rayna
I'm finally home after being in the hospital for two months everyone wanted me to come to my parents house to see them and I told my dad to let everyone know that we can have something this weekend but for now I just want to relax with Donovan. I see everything in a whole new light so for now on I'm going to be moving different.

"Are you okay baby you comfortable?"

"For the 10th time D yes I am."

"Okay."

"Come here," Donovan walked into the living room.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah why you ask?"

"Because you're running around like a chicken with its head cut off."

"Just trying to make sure you're comfortable."

"I am but you need to relax and take care of yourself because I don't need you in the hospital I was already there for 2 months."

"Okay baby."

"Now come sit down."

Donovan sat down next to me and opened his arms I repositioned myself to be in his arms he placed his hands on my stomach.

"Babe," I spoke.

"Hmm."

"What do you think that I'm having?"

"Honestly baby it doesn't even matter as long as the baby is healthy but I got a feeling that you're carrying a boy but we'll see."

"Okay."

"Ray baby how do you feel about marriage."

"It's always been a dream of mine but I haven't had any luck with any guy to even get that far."

"You haven't gotten that far yet."

I looked at Donovan.

"You want to marry me?"

"I do actually I've been in love with you after we became friends and I didn't want it to be true which is why I tried to date ole girl but it didn't work."

"Okay."

The doorbell rung I was about to get up but Donovan stopped me and got up to get the door. Seconds later I heard Emoree and Pleasure arguing.

"Shut up talking to me Corey."

Emoree walked in the living room and over to me. We hugged then she sat down next to me.

"What are you two arguing about," I asked.

"I found out that he's been cheating on me and possibly got a baby on the way."

"What?!

"Yes Ray after all that I did for him and now this bullshit."

"I'm sorry Moree."

"Yeah me too."

Emoree wiped her eyes.

"Okay what else is wrong?"

"I lost my baby about 2 months ago miscarriage

"Oh Moree I'm so sorry."

"Thank you and I went through that alone D came and checked on me when he was wasn't at the hospital with you and that bitch wasn't even there never even asked me how I was doing I'm in therapy behind that and he don't even care."

"Have you told him?"

"I told him before I drove myself to the hospital."

Emoree started crying and I pulled her into me and held her as she cried I gotta talk to Donovan about this cause I can't stand to see my cousin and best friend hurting.