.

2

After dinner, Meggie went upstairs to her room, grabbed her remote and jumped onto her bed, and turned on the TV to see the latest news. Her eyes widened when the reporter was talking about the meteor shower we were having. But it was nothing like they have ever seen before. "There seems to be a problem with the Earths' atmosphere, and we need to be careful. It's thinning out, and if this continues to happen, the Earth may have no protection from the harmful rays, these meteors that just keep coming down, and other things the Earth protects us from. And when that happens..." The reporters' face turned somber,"...We may have to leave our home planet." Meggie stared into the screen, mouth slightly ajar. Meggie then jumped off her bed and raced to her parents bedroom. "Mom, Dad! Have you seen the news?"Meggie said, anxiously. "Yes, honey, we have," Mom said, with a somber face. Meggie glanced at the TV in her parents room, and saw the news on. "What if it happens? What are we going to do?" Meggie questioned anxiously. Mom thought for a moment, then looked up at Meggie, "I don't know honey." Meggie's Dad gently grabbed her hand and said, "Don't worry, we'll figure something out," Dad paused. "We're family." Meggie gave a small smile. Her Dad was a highly trained atrounant, who loved astronomy. Her mother was a nurse. She loved her family more than anything. And nothing was going to separate them.

                                                                                         3

Three months later....

"We have breaking news," The reporter started, "It has been a lot worse this past week. Our meteorologists are getting very concerned with our atmosphere and gravity. Our atmosphere is becoming weak, and is causing the gravity between Earth and the moon to weaken. We need to prepare for what could happen. We might lose our atmosphere, and it's destroyed, or it may not. So, please be prepared!" And the reporter closed there.