Untitled Part 5

sliced, and cut his back. Her grandfather cried in pain, "Grandfather!" Meggie screamed, running over to him. She used all her might and shoved the boulder off her grandfather. "We need to leave! They're closing the cave!" Her grandfather moaned. Meggie helped her grandfather up, and help walk him.

"Sir, we need to wait a couple more minutes," said one of the workers. "No, we need to close now," The boss, who was in charge of everything, said. "Are you sure?" The worker said."Now." The boss said. Unsure, the worker obeyed, and slowly closing it.

"Look! They're closing it!" Meggie said. Grandfather looked up, and they both starting speeding up the pace. There was a loose rock, and Grandfather rolled his ankle causing both to stumble and fall. Her grandfather cut his hand by a sharp rock and collapsed. "Oh my! Grandfather! Are you okay!?" Meggie said, fearfully. "I'm holding you back.Go. Before they close it, I'll be fine." Grandfather said. Meggie shook her head,"No, no. I can't leave you here." Tears filled Meggie's eyes. "Go. Before it's too late." Her grandfather said weakly. Meggie slowly got up, glanced to the cave door that was slowly opening. Standing up, looking back to her grandfather. He then, was struggling to breath, more, and more. Then left. Tears streaming down her face, without any other thought, she ran out of there. She made it out just in time before the whole thing collapsed, and then everything went still, in her mind. She was to weighed down to stop. Sobbing, she ran to her room, and closed the door. She cried herself to sleep.