16) The Dance

"I will not have you without the darkness that hides within you

"I will not have you without the darkness that hides within you. I will not have me without the madness that makes me. If our demons cannot dance, neither can we"
- Nikita Gill

*****

The next day I woke up to a dog licking my face.

First, I was confused for I didn't know where it came from out of nowhere, but then realized it was Joan's new dog she had adopted with Tae.

Just like Tannie it was a Pomeranian and his name was Prince.

Chuckling lightly, I sat up and just then Joan burst into my room.

"You finally woke up." She said, placing Prince in her arms.

I gave her a dead panned stare as I became uncovered, hair a mess and in a really bad mood.

"What time is it?"

"I don't know, like 10 am?"

My eyes widened. Swallowing harshly, I looked at the girl before me, disbelief in my voice.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up?"

"Well, I thought you didn't wake up on purpose." Joan answered, playing with Prince at the same time.

Ugh.

Feeling a moment of panic jolt me, I instantly got up and rushed to my closet. I had to leave the house in less than 10 minutes.

"Where even is Valen?"

She looked at me with an apprehensive expression.

"You don't remember what she told us yesterday?"

I shook my head, confusion filling my body.

"Look, Alkina..." Joan started, "We've noticed the change in your behavior in the past days. You've been really quiet and every time we talk to you you tend to not pay attention. If anything is wrong, you know you can tell us."

Only if it were that easy.

It was true. I had been feeling uneasy lately.

When almost everything around me had been perfect.

Joan and Taehyung.

Valen and Namjoon.

All of my friends were living seemingly happy lives.